• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700k+master aorus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hazor94

Registered
Im a little noob about the argument and im asking if someone can help me buying the best xmp ddr4 ready to go with my setup. im not gonna touch the overclock settings about the ram, i just wanna know the best one in terms of latency/bandwidth. regardless of the cost.

z390 Master Aorus
1080ti

thank you <3

If you're not overclocking then it really doesn't matter. Check the QVL and snag the highest speed on the list.

Just get some ddr4 3200 mhz from the qvl. :)

More memory speed doesnt mean much and the price is higher.

thank you, i really appreciate the input of both. blaylock is suggesting the highest speed and earthdog just a 3200kit. i saw some good kits in QVL between band/latency, i will list them below :
F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR
F4-4133C17Q-32GTZR
CMK32GX4M4B3600C16R
F4-3600C16D-16GVK

the 3200kits were just cas16, so i think there isnt any reason to pick them when i can have a 3600cl16, right? any suggestion picking one of them? *price doesnt matter* just wanna know the best by order for FPS
(i think ripjaws are the best for price/perf)

Last edited:
they have some cas 14 3200 stix that are compatible with that board

you will never know the difference

Right. What Earthdog is saying is unless you're running synthetic benchmarks you're not going to see an improvement until you get into the 4000-4133 range and even then it's marginal.

Not to mention the issues associated with some of the higher speed ram/cpu/board combinations. 3200 just always seems to run trouble free.

there isn't any 3200 cl14 in the qvl list, can u suggest me some good kit? thank you everyone
actually i've got the F4-4266C19D-16GTZR but the xmp doesn't work(not even in the z270 ix apex) and i've got mouse stuttering while moving mouse degrading hardly the quality of my gaming sessions. Can a bad ram cause mouse stuttering?
(if i just move my keyboard, screen is not tearing and stuttering but if i move mouse it's impossible to locate objects)
my setup
9700k (EVGA CPC 2066/TR4 CLC 280 Liquid RGB)
Gigabyte GA-Z390-MASTER AORUS
F4-4266C19D-16GTZR (from my old setup 7700k/z270 ix apex)
GigaByte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC BLACK
Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Seasonic 750w gold rated
Benq xl2546 @240hz

Last edited:
Have you tried the 4266 sticks in this system?

yes, the stuttering were present even in the ix apex so i swapped off the cpu and the mobo but the issues persist. xmp doesnt work and hard stutter while moving mouse. i fixed once with some strange ram settings with the ix apex but i never was able to reproduce again that fix. i think my ram is simply gone, changed everything. i just have to swap the ram and psu and i've tried everything.

Stuttering and mouse issues aren't necessarily because of the RAM. Bad drivers for mouse or board can do that. Stuttering in game is typically a mismatch on frame rates and refresh

ok i understand that you do not have time for this. thank you anyway for the support, have a great day.

Time? He didn't say anything about time... He just told mentioned that your issues are necessarily because of RAM.

memtest86+ with 72 passes of test6 shows no errors and prime95 shows no errors. the strange thing is when i move just my keyboard my visual doesnt stutter but as soon as i move my mouse a little bit faster my screen is stuttering even with fps locked to my refreshrate. I ordered the F4-3600C16D-16GVK and i want to see if the problems fix. I noticed when i enter in memtest86+ the clock speed of cpu and ram is incremented by 0.050 like if there were a bclk overclock to 0.050. In the system the clocks are the ones i set in the bios. I had this even with my old setup and the same ram, can this cause an erratic movement of the mouse? John just said the problem is not correlated neccesarily to the ram.

Sorry..I meant NOT necessarily because of RAM. :)

The bclk float is normal and due to spread spectrum. It does so to reduce the effect of an emi IIRC.

using g203 without logitech software installed and i've got nvme 960 evo. barebone system, no antivirus. my electricity is fine, i did the whole electricity system new 1year ago. I've got another interesting thing to say, if i enable hpet this problem goes x100 BUT if i move my keyboard there isn't any stuttering while hpet enabled. Tried different mouse DA elite, za13, xornet2, g9x and g203. I'll add a mousetester screenshot to see how my mouse is working.
mousetester3.png
mousetester1.png
mosuetester2.png
mousetester4.png

moving in fast circles

Last edited:
Never used mouse tester so not sure what I'm looking at, you can add images directly using the third icon in from the right in the reply box. Just makes it easier to see and the images will always be hosted here for future reference.

I know that some people were having mouse issues on AMD systems when using AMD chipset drivers VS the Windows Generic drivers

i will update after the new set of ram. im waiting for a guru to help me fix this

I hope the RAM fixes it, but I highly doubt it.

Have you reinstalled your OS? Did you install the mouse drivers? (sorry if that was mentioned previously)

Last edited:
Back