• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700np help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGr8s1

I wanna remove my stock HSF off the 9700np but it's stuck. I have heard users have used knifes on it but I'm very skeptic about it. What am I supposed to do really? I dont wanna try yanking it off cuz I'm sure that might damage the card.

zabomb4163

put it in a SEALED baggy and put it in the refrigerator..........heat sink will come off pretty easy afterwards

OP
TheGr8s1

TheGr8s1

so how do i take the pins off? cut them? i tried twisting and pulling but i dont wanna break anything. and once that's dont how long am i supposed to keep my card in the freezer for? til it's frozen? do i have to thaw the dam thing b4 i can pick it back into my system or can i just use it at sub-zero conditions. (which would be cool) pardon the pun.

fubulg6000

You can pull the caps off near the fan at the top of the heatsink. Or, if your like me and didn't notice that before hand, get a pair of toe nail clippers and just cut the tip of the pins off. Push the pin in the center out and your done. Easy enough.