• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700pro's. Is there really a differance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I was wondering if there was any differance between 9700 pro'x. I can get one off pricewatch for $311 including shipping. That's the OEM one. Then there is the one from the ATI company that is like $380. Is there a differance? Do they make one with Dual VGA out and one without it? I would like to hook up my monitor and my TV. My TV uses S-video. Is there a way I can use my Monitor on the VGA and my TV on the S-Video so that i can have multiple displays?
Duck

residentevil2

Disabled
the diff is the oem so i heard has a slower clock rate i would go retail on something that expensive becase u get the lifetime warrenty and the real made by ati clock rate.

lutjens

I agree. Stick with the retail Radeon 9700 Pro that's made by ATI. If you're buying a card of this caliber, go all the way with it.

Don't cheap out to save a few bucks on a card like this...if you have problems, you'll have made a very expensive error...:)