• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

980 ti KingPin compatible Waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bah, no, not worth it... There are 3 980ti KP for sale at overclockers.co.uk (£449), but I would need to use LN2 to make some boints, which I am not ready for yet, as I only have one decent rig that I can't fry ATM! :D

Edit: trying to make my mind, so starting a new thread!

Last edited:
Water won't really give you that much more headroom on the 980Ti IMO. Even on my chilled loop I can only get 30-40 MHz more

^Thanks Johan.

So, if I grab it, I'll keep on using my universal GPU block, as I don't feel like changing/flushing my loop (which does a more than decent job BTW).

The VRM on the KPE are pretty cool running as well so you should be good unless you're really pushing it

^perfect! Still have a couple of Sapphire Dual-X fan that I use to cool the VRMs and VRam. They should do the job then.

Water won't really give you that much more headroom on the 980Ti IMO. Even on my chilled loop I can only get 30-40 MHz more
Really? Is that 30-40 Mhz over your max on AIR? I would have thought it would be more. Tír na nÓg, I use a universal EKWB on my 980 Kingpin and get some good results with it.

Still torturing myself... Anyway, I have to wait a couple of days before pressing "Buy now" button, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Is it with a "regular" 980 ti, or with a Classy/Kingpin edition?

Really? Is that 30-40 Mhz over your max on AIR? I would have thought it would be more. Tír na nÓg, I use a universal EKWB on my 980 Kingpin and get some good results with it.

which universal EKWB block do you use and how do u keep the vram and memory cool ?

do you have any pictures ?

cheers

wolfman, the block I use is this one I use a 120 mm fan strapped to the card to keep the Vram cool. Please, keep in mind I only use the Gpu waterblock and 120mm fan for benching purposes only. When using the card for normal usage I have the stock fans hooked up and it works just fine for me.

I really don't have any need, it's rare I even use the card for anything other then benching.

What does the EK configurator say?

That said, I highly doubt as I believe that the two have different VRMs (980Ti having more).

What boost voltage does the KPE run at ?

should be able to find a BIOS that will give you a little bump

If i remember right there are 1.23 / 1.25 & 1.27 BOIS variants out there

What boost voltage does the KPE run at ?

should be able to find a BIOS that will give you a little bump

If i remember right there are 1.23 / 1.25 & 1.27 BOIS variants out there
I know that on my 980 KPE witchy they have a tool on the KPE website that will let you rip whatever voltage you want into the card. I've had mine a bit over recommended safe voltages at times. ;) :D

I know that on my 980 KPE witchy they have a tool on the KPE website that will let you rip whatever voltage you want into the card. I've had mine a bit over recommended safe voltages at times. ;) :D

You ripping 1.5v cold .............. :rofl:

Killed a GTX780 KPE doing that one two many times

I run my vanilla 980ti at 1.27v full coverage water block :)

Back