• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800GX2 and E8500 or QX6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterRy88

So I have a few questions. My rig is the one in my sig. I am wondering if the 9800 is too outdated? Would I be getting a large preformance increase from buying a new card (dunno which card just trying to get an idea).

Also I mostly do gaming with my computer so would I benifit more from the E8500 or the QX6850????

Thanks

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
e8500 is faster clock for clock that that old 65nm quad. Keep the dual.

It depends on the card, but yeah you would see an increase. How large depends on the card and also what resolution you game at (?).

JHG120

Agreed on keeping E8500, which is what I have. I do games 97% of the time, so quad core isn't for me yet, until all games require it.

Upgraded vid card seems like a good idea too. If you can get your hands on a gtx 260 216, you'd rock over the 9800.

freeagent

I have an E8600, and a Q6600.

Honestly its a tough call.. I like the superfast dual, and I like the medium speed quad.. I went back and forth soo many times.. I used a tube of as5 in 2 weeks.

I put the quad back in my main rig :thup:

The speedy dualcore is still pretty fun to play with tho heheh.

If it was a 9550 vs the dual, I would hands down go with the quad :)