• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800Pro '03 Scores too low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moz_21

Well I'm not a 3DMark team member... but I figured you guys would know best.

I downloaded and ran 3dMark 03 and got 2321. This is with the system in my sig.

Now.... what is wrong.. I've done some searching and most seem to get about/more than 5000 3dMarks.

Would ram bandwidth be what is killing it right now? My Corsair maxes at 185 and that is what I run it at.

Also, would cpu speed be affecting it a lot? I am able to boot up at 2200 or so but cannot get it stable.

Thanks for you opinions and ideas. Also, some links to the 3dMark Online browser thing for people who have similar systems would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bobtod

Hi Moz, it sounds like you've got AA/AF enabled in the display properties, check and disable if so, that will give you a greater score. Also put Texture Preference and Mipmap detail level to high performance to boost your score a little. This should see you get closer to 5k, overclocking that card will see you passing the 5k mark.
Your memory wont really affect you score by much as 3dmark03 is much more of a vid card benchmark compared to 3dmark01.

To compare you PC to others try this: Futuremark 3dmark03 search

BT

OP
moz_21

moz_21

Nope:

3dsettings.jpg

And I ran 3DMark 03 at the defaults (dont think they can even be changed anymore)

Jarlax

Moz_21,

Looking at your image you need to click on use custom and then click on the customize button. Once on the custom screen change everything to the best performance setting (far left I believe) and save it. Then rerun the tests.

OP
moz_21

moz_21

Ok I set the "Use recommended settings for:" all the way to the left (performance) and I got 5453 3dmarks.

Thanks for the help!

OP
moz_21

moz_21

Ok no. It worked well for benchmarking but when I played NFS:Underground, everything was blurry. Gonna try custom and just setting those 2 to Performance (maybe High Performance) and try. I dunno... it plays games fine where it was but the benchies were crap. :rolleyes:

OP
moz_21

moz_21

ingame.png

Thats with "Performance" settings and not "High Performance". HP was even worse.

So to me... this game is unplayable with the HP setting..so how is that a "true" benchmark when you are really cheating in a sense?