• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro..... Need "XT" BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jakalwarrior

I need an XT bios for my 9800pro but I want it to have stock 9800pro speeds (my core BLOWS at overclocking). I heard that labeling it XT enables some driver based enhancements I would like to have. Core is R350 BTW. Anyone know where I could get such a bios? Google has yielded nada.

OP
J

Jakalwarrior

fateshammer said:
Try here.
You want to flash it to XT but want it at stock Pro speed? Why? :confused:

because it dosent overclock worth a darn and would artifact like a mofo. The mem goes to 720 or so and the core goes to like... 385 if im lucky. I just want the driver enchancements enabled by labeling the card an XT in the bios. No actual changes other than what the drivers think I own. Kinda like the FireGL thing where if you tell the drivers you have a FireGL they act different and it really is one essentially.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

there arent any driver enhancements, just unlocking some extra shaders and the fact that its an xt and not a pro anymore. ive seen some people flash with an r350 core and had success in getting their card recognized as an xt, but im not sure which bios they used. im sure you can find it by doing a search.

Th0r

Unlock extra shaders? :S I thought the only difference between the Pro and XT was the faster memory and overclocked GPU (and R360 core if the Pro series didn't have the R350, i know Radeon cards after a certain time only had R360 cores)?

Also, is there a program to check if i have a R350 or a R360? Don't want to remove the Heatsink, it won't come off, and i don't want to break my card, i would rather know.

grumperfish

ATI Tool can show you what core you're running. Just click on 'settings' and it should be shown in the 'overclocking' drop-down menu.