• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800se or 9700 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drec

which one should i get? i can get both for $150 and theres a chance i can softmod the 9800se to a pro, so which one do you guys think i should go with?

Steven4563

u need to really be 99% sure u can softmod it otherwise it will be like a 9600pro if its not 99% then go with the 9700pro

how much are the 9800pros in the USA now surely they aint far of $150 ??

Steven4563

yeah i think thats a pretty good deal i would go for it :D i love my 9700pro plays all games out high settings and high res just not too higher res in farcry :p 1280*1024 is just about fine tho

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
I just received my 9800pro from newegg.... 199.00. It's one of the new sapphires with the R360 core..... flashed to the new 9800xt 128mb bios and BAMMM!!! I just got a 9800xt for 199.00... Now I have to move the 9700pro to the other rig. Don't mess with a refurb card.... unless of course you're a gambling man. Go with the 9700pro or spend a few extra dollars on a 9800pro..... you might get one with the R360 core. :clap:

OP
Drec

Drec

whats the matter with refurbs? if it doesnt work newegg will take it back wont they?

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
my 9800pro 256mb sapphire card is a refurb, and it came on xt pcb, 2.5 hynix ram and an r360 core, took the xt bios fine so i got a full fledged 9800xt for 236dollars (3 months ago or so). i have no problems with newegg refurbs and they do give you 14 days to return if its doa. just dont expect any extras, sometimes u get them and its a bonus but usually its a plain white box if you get any box besides the fedex box and bubble wrap

and thats a great price for a 9700pro, id be all over it if i needed a card

OP
Drec

Drec

thanks SuperTrucker i think im going to go with it. :thup:

Black_Paladin

Drec said:
whats the matter with refurbs? if it doesnt work newegg will take it back wont they?

I don't believe so. That's the thing with refurbs. Someone bought the card and they sent it back for some reason and Newegg did take the card back and they think it's working fine now but if you buy this refurb card now as a refurb and want to send it back, you probably won't be able to.

Check with Newegg to make sure though.

I agree with HousERaT on this though. Just get a new 9700 pro or a 9800 pro to have piece of mind that it works perfectly and to know that you can send it back if something goes wrong with it. The 9800 pros really do not cost more than a few dollars these days in general than the 9700 pros so I would say go with a new 9800 pro.

EDIT: LOL, I meant "peace of mind", not "piece of mind" like the Iron Maiden album. I am an Iron Maiden fan so everytime I think of "peace of mind", I want to type or say "piece of mind".