• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

980's in sli vs single titan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

Ok so currently I own a pair of Asus Strix 980's that I run in sli. I game at 3440 x 1440. I can feel/see when memory starts becoming an issue. Would it be worth while to sell off my 980's and get a single titan?? I know the 12gb of memory will work alot more efficiently at my resolution.

OP
S_I_N

S_I_N

just thinking future as I saw the 980ti was req for the new tom clancy title for 1440. So I was thinking future proof with a card that had 12gb. I'd consider the 390 8gb version if water blocks were more readily available for them.

Evil-Mobo

just thinking future as I saw the 980ti was req for the new tom clancy title for 1440. So I was thinking future proof with a card that had 12gb. I'd consider the 390 8gb version if water blocks were more readily available for them.

EK will be releasing blocks for the MSI 390/390X's very soon. I confirmed this with one of the reps on another forum after someone tipped me off to an announcement on FB, as I don't do FB lol.....

Just a heads up :thup:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
By the time you need more than 6, you will want a new card because of a lack of horsepower. I wouldn't go 390/390x because, well, it's just old. Lol. I'd either go 980ti or titan over those cards personally.

OP
S_I_N

S_I_N

Well crap I googled 980sli vs Titan and came up with a lot of comparisons fit 980sli vs 980ti vs Titan x and it seems even at 4K my sli will hold its own maybe something else is causing my crashes.

OP
S_I_N

S_I_N

Yeah tried diff drivers and I use afterburner so I see usage but when it crashes I get a failed to render 3 d message and the monitoring portion goes wonky so I can't exactly see what the usage is when it crashes

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just went with 980TI's, in sli and lets just say for the way I game it's just outright overkill.
with no clocking they even run cool and quiet.
I just preordered oculus rift and that's what I am building for right now and from what I read about on the interwebs I should wind up about in the sweet spot for that.