• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

99.995% Pure Silver RBX (S-RBX)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rokk1972

I am proud to say that I am the owner of the VERY 1st Silver RBX (S-RBX) The word is that this is a very limited release of the RBX, but I don’t have any specific dates as to when it will be available to the public.

I will have it installed within the next day or two (have to do some X-mas shipping) And then I will post some pics and temps.

Attachments

• s-rbx-2 (small).jpg
    s-rbx-2 (small).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,039

Fushyuguru

Christ Rokk, why dont we just show everyone up.

Look at me I'm Mr. Show-off-Pants! :D

Cant wait to see some results. Silver blocks always make me smile.

Fushyuguru

Rokk1972 said:
Dang fushy your up late. i will have results for ya soon. And yes I have bragging rights :)

Yeah I had a rough night. To give you a quote from my AIM profile for the night: "jesus christ, it took me 3 hours to get back to Stevens. i was in the heart of jersey. i talked to homeless people for an hour and a half. i went to the shadiest cab place of them all in jersey city. the driver slept during red lights, and asked me if i smoked crack. im so scared im shivering. i hate human beings, please kill me. jesus."

Other than that, I'm browsing and i saw this peculiar thread about a Silver RBX, and it sounded sweet. Makesme feel warm and fuzzy to thing Ive got one of these bad boys and somebody (you!) already one uped it. Again, cant wait to see the the S-RBX in action. You boys and your expensive materials...

BladeRunner

Yoda of Silent cooling
While you are doing some x-mas shipping ship me your aluminium....... er I mean silver rxb, and I'll test it against a cascade ss :p

Nightingale

:eek: dang and I just bought this copper rbx thinking it was the lastest fad now theres a silver version. I need a good job because this stuff is getting to expenisve:D

jimstandard

oh my sweet jesus that is just amazing yah temps will be great i expect, is someone going to top him with a pure platinum rbx that would be tres expensive

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
jimstandard said:
oh my sweet jesus that is just amazing yah temps will be great i expect, is someone going to top him with a pure platinum rbx that would be tres expensive
If all that was done was just made the exact same block out of silver, I'd expect the temps to be about .5C better with the silver or so. The thermal conductivity of silver is only about 10% greater than copper.

w/mk copper = 3.88
w/mk silver = 4.28

Looks purdy, that's for sure.

Arkangyl

I sense some hostility SB...

And how can it be a crappy immitation of it performs better that the LRWW aka the original?

JML

SB, lets not get into that discussion, LRWW rip off comments have lead to many thread closings.

Arkangyl, you have no proof of that. Especially considering that the WW is possibly the best block out there (I say possibly because maybe the RBX is better, who knows?)

I wouldn't make assumptions with two blocks that are prob extremely close in performance. Now if you had said an RBX out performs a maze4... ;)

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
JML said:
Arkangyl, you have no proof of that. Especially considering that the WW is possibly the best block out there (I say possibly because maybe the RBX is better, who knows?)

Well most already know the WW is not the best waterblock out there after all the best is the Cascade. According to some reviews tho the RBX did outperform the WW and came real close to the Cascade.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Klownin79 said:

Well most already know the WW is not the best waterblock out there after all the best is the Cascade. According to some reviews tho the RBX did outperform the WW and came real close to the Cascade.
Where? I have not seen a direct comparo of the RBX and the WW at all... not even a bad review (which most are anyway).

vonkaar

IMHO, it's still too close to call. The WW has been 'proven' time and time again by MANY reviews. The RBX either ties or narrowly beats the WW, but it's still not enough to dissuade me. Unless I see 20 reviews, my opinion will likely never change.

This is way off topic though...

Congrats on a silver waterblock =p.