• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9900 series drawings up on TH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobious

Looks about the same as the ones VR and Hardware-Aktuell got a hold of:

9900GTX_side.jpg
9900GTX_left.jpg
9900GTX_right.jpg

9900GTX_front.jpg
9900GTX_back.jpg

9900GTX_top.jpg
9900GTX_bottom.jpg

Source: http://vr-zone.com/articles/GeForce_9900_GTX_Card_Design_Exposed/5763.html

801_1_GT200_vorne.jpg 801_3_GT200_hinten.jpg

801_2_GT200_Seite.jpg

Source: http://www.hardware-aktuell.com/viewnews.php?article=801

8 memory DIMMs equate to 256-bit if they're just on one side, 512-bit if they're on both sides. Either way, it looks almost exactly the same as the 9800GTX.

-Mobious-

(I still wanna know what that weird elbow thing thats up at the front is o_O)

Last edited:

evomac

Gah, they are sticking with the 8 + 6 pin inputs? Why the heck are they including this on their single card models? The 9800GTX has it as well, when we all know that it's merely a form of the 8800GTS. PITA to have to use a 2 molex -> 8 pin adapter. Does it really make that much difference, and to further that, does it really need the same juice going to it as the 9800GX2. Doubtful.

nd4spdbh2

it is obvious that a 512bit buss is going to be put to use, notice the fact that the ram on the backside of the card is shifted over and not direcly on top of the ram on the front side, this equalivilates to the fact that the ram on the front and back are not running off the same buss but rather different busses... NICE go nvidia

the elbow thing is some type of optical audio that i think is found on the 9800GTX

Roofles

Gah, they are sticking with the 8 + 6 pin inputs? Why the heck are they including this on their single card models? The 9800GTX has it as well, when we all know that it's merely a form of the 8800GTS. PITA to have to use a 2 molex -> 8 pin adapter. Does it really make that much difference, and to further that, does it really need the same juice going to it as the 9800GX2. Doubtful.

The 9800GTX has two 6 pin connectors, not a 6+8. I don't think mine has optical audio as the connector is different. (quite unlike optical audio on my X-fi)

It looks more like a light pipe, but it doesn't really add anything functional...

OP
iamcanadian7

iamcanadian7

Maybe some sort of LED, similar to the ones on the 9800GX2 on the back that told you.....whatever they told you lol, Some diagnostic tool for power or whatever.

Roofles

Maybe some sort of LED, similar to the ones on the 9800GX2 on the back that told you.....whatever they told you lol, Some diagnostic tool for power or whatever.

I just checked my 9800. That funny looking thing is in fact a light pipe. Mine is currently green, which symbolizes.... something. I guess "on"...

Niku-Sama

i wonder what that jimjam is behind the DVI outputs?
it appears to be an exposed core in the drawings and there are mounting holes arround it

Mobious

it is obvious that a 512bit buss is going to be put to use, notice the fact that the ram on the backside of the card is shifted over and not direcly on top of the ram on the front side, this equalivilates to the fact that the ram on the front and back are not running off the same buss but rather different busses... NICE go nvidia.
I'm wondering if that means there will be a backplate to the new heatsink, which will add to the bulk and possibly eliminate the slot above it :screwy:

-Mobious-

ratbuddy

IIRC it's got red/green LEDs near the power connectors to tell you if you have in fact managed to plug in the proper connector, and a pair of blue LEDs on the back to tell you which DVI port is active..

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
IIRC it's got red/green LEDs near the power connectors to tell you if you have in fact managed to plug in the proper connector, and a pair of blue LEDs on the back to tell you which DVI port is active..

Is it really so difficult to plug in the DVI cable and look to see if you have signal or not? Do they really need to add an LED to tell you that yes you have signal or no you dont?

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
And they want an excuse to inflate the price of the video card at $10 per LED even though you could get them a dime a dozen in bulk.

As for triple slot design, it could present a challenge to someone that wants to tri-SLi the 9900's. The picture does show 2 SLi connectors so if the cooler does block 2 slots around, you may need a full size ATX board and nothing else plugged in to use all 3 9900's at once.

ratbuddy

Is it really so difficult to plug in the DVI cable and look to see if you have signal or not? Do they really need to add an LED to tell you that yes you have signal or no you dont?

I was actually glad to see the manual mention the LED. Every other card I've had I've had to guess which DVI was active.. This make it a no brainer for me. My computer lives in a little nook-n-cranny type spot, so it's a PITA to get back there and move cords around :)

monstert

Registered
A quick burning question..
What happened to Nvidia using the 7900GTX style quadro cooler on these new cards? That design was excellent for cooling. Is this style better? I ask this because MSI I have reverted back to using that style cooler on some of their cards and they run alot cooler. Was it a more expensive build or was it just that these new coolers are actually better? Thanks