• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9900K / Z390 Aorus Master / 4133 CL19 *Issues*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leoniums

Registered
Hello
since i kind(a) messed the other thread i would like to give me yuor opinion about my results and and opinion about my issues.
i recently upgrade my desktop.
Some info about it.
Intel i9900K
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
MSI 2080ti Gaming X Trio
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR

My m/b wasnt able to read those dimms. I made the mistake to buy a non listed memory. I heared that some times gigabyte works better with 4 dimms, so i bought another set (used) since i got it really cheap from a local guy.
I managed to get memory to play at 4000 18 18 18 38 1.4v (vccio and vccsa at auto but looks really high (?))
I have run Memtest Pro 1000% and Memtest86 (2x10 runs) with no issues at all.
Cpu is at 5000 with no offsets at 1.33v.
I run Prime95 Small 26.6 for 8h with no issues at all. I even tried Aida but no problem as well.
Prime95a.png

When i am playing BFV i get random game crashes. I tried to play with one set of ram but then i got blue screen (memory something).... With 2 sets (4 dimms total) i had no blue screens.
I am also waiting for a new riser calbe since this might be the problem (>) not sure...

@Woomack /any
I see that you always saying that in games you wont gain anything above 3200-3600. Do you suggest me to try get 3600 15/16 for high demanding games?
I am using my system only for gaming and small normal tasks.

Do you see something wrong on my settings?
Any opinion will be much much appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
try to set the ram manually to 3600 17-17-17-36. give to them 1.4 dram voltage, the master aorus should take automatically the secondary and tertiary timings from the xmp profiles so it should be more stable@lower frequencies (3600,3200).
See if with that setup it crashes but i think it will not, it should be rock stable.
I noticed your bclk is stable to 100 while mine is moving from 99.93 to 100.05, that's an interesting fact cuz we have the same board.

The overclocking looks great.:) The processor is running cool, what do you have for a cooler? You can run MemTest HCI for testing memory.

I have custom water cooling from EKWB.
On introducing thread i have add one photo of my system if you want to have a look.
So.... the problem wasnt my ram.... even though i replaced it with 32Gb 4x8 RGB 3600Cl16.
I also bought new premium thermaltake e riser cable for my gpu...
Nope.. the provlem was my oc. BFV uses avx and the previous atta hed screenshot was a test without avx...
Avx was... is crashing my system. Now i am trying to figure out how to oc with avx.... but seems so difficult ... or should i say impossible...
I have 5GHz with avx offset 1 at 1.39v and llc high (2?) and even though i have 1.39v cpuz and hwinfo shows 1.33v while running Prime95...Less than what i have add?
Tried before with 1.385 and failed after 3h or something...
If i raise llc and drop down vcore i get errors in the 1st minutes or half an hour....
If i use llc normal and vcore 1.4v looks like it can work out... but should i? On this option it might work without avx offset...
So lost right now...

Back