• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A $20 wireless keyboard and mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
It uses RF so your range will be limited or interfered with if you use a metal desk. It also wouldn't be good for LAN parties because of channel conflicts.

But it looks sturdy and it's PS/2 so the mouse should be overclockable.

The Revelation

Registered
The old addage holds true here:

You get what you pay for.

There's a reason Logitech Wireless Keyboards are expensive: they work, very well.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
The Revelation said:

That's not always true, especially in the computer industry. A number of $3 (or cheaper) mice I've purchased are more comfortable and durable than the pricy mice that my friends are buying. Half of them also outperformed more expensive optical mice.

scrappydog

The Revelation said:

There's a reason Logitech Wireless Keyboards are expensive: they work, very well.

I'm pasting a quote I made in another thread, but it seems apropos here:

I think the NewEgg user reviews on the Chieftec keyboard/mouse combo are very good (4 or 5 out of 5 with a number of reviews). People comment that "you get what you pay for". Well, the users of the product claim it's pretty good. I can tell you that the Chieftec cases are awesome (looking/construction/layout) and they cost a fraction of what a Lian Li would cost. In other words, higher cost does not always equate to a better product... it just equates to a higher priced product.

Check out the NewEgg user reviews.

Wipe0ut

Registered
you can't overclock wireless mice much.

Default freq with windows 98 no matter what mouse was 40hz
Logitech wireless optical was 50hz
Normal ps/2 corded mice can go up to 200hz
USB is around 100hz, not sure about this one, but you can't change it