• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A 6-baybus with 6 fans, a light (twin tubes) , & a gaming OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

This is all a Question about ease, now that I have realized cooling is a gaming only challenge (for me anyway), and whether this hardware will make it so. &/or pleaser recommend an all in 1 toggle/knob/button.

I bought these fans because they could do two things: be quiet; and put out decent cfm for the noise. But when I got them I hadn't any idea of how much cfm or db I would be at. I now have these (6) fans:
(4) 80mm Vantec Stealth fans:Front - in; Back - out; Top - out; Side - in (inverted blowhole clear side window so fan is at perfect vid card height)
(1)Zalman CNPS-7000Cu on cpu
(1)40mm on MHC

My psu has two fans but they are indepenantly temp controlled (dangling temp sensor), and my stock Vid card does currently have a fan incl.; Extra molex connector std. too. The 40mm on MHC is always on, so I will have 6 to control (min/full) since:

What my pooter is missing NOW is a video card cooling system, now that I have just started to OC it, and I am thinking about the Zalman VF-900Cu or Fatal1ty, or even the arctic-cooling, specifically FX5900XT, NV Silencer 3. I like the universality of the more expensive.

I f-d up my OC of the system w/ the 2.6 as it only taxes the RAM and mobo slightly, and the Zalman 7000 is definetely not needed. However when I do game I know that all things will be set to cool at max. I have a Vantec Nexus 3-1/2" 3-fan + 2in1 light tube controller in floppy bay number two. With its (4) 7 o'clock to 5 o'clock knobs I can adjust lights from sound sensor to max, and the fans @9 o'clock they start, and clockwise from there is max.

So I have just realized I need a vid cooler, which will be another fan to control (i.e turn up only when gaming), making a TOTAL OF 6 incl 4 case, 1 cpu, and 1 gpu. Not to mention the (2) light tubes that came with the Nexus F&L ctrlr, which should have at least an on/off, if not the variable sound sensor lying somewhere in the middle of the 3-1/2 far right knob.

However the question is about what is likely to happen ( I don't have a clue)
with these devices if I connect this thing, which has 6 toggle switches. To be totally honest I wish I knew of a unit that ALSO had a single toggle to put everything on (INCLUDING THE GAMNG LIGHT) with one flick/turn/push.

Will they automatically go from barely minimum, or thereabouts (which makes a difference for sound) to the max with the flick of a switch.

I know nothing technically-wise whats going on.

THE 6 TOGGLE BAY BUS I am thinking of:
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...=PROD&Product_Code=2419CMOD&Category_Code=130

MY 4 CASE FANS
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...OD&Product_Code=1511CGCF&Category_Code=100.2\

Last edited:
I want to know if this is true of most/any/some users, & if so do they do this, and if an all-in-one is possible. Thats even better. I have only recently started playing games regularly recently, and 7 things that need controlling is a lot to remember and to do. How bout you?

right now, I use the ctrlr for lights, and all but the front case fan, all whats left for me is gpu fan (using w at the moment), and the Zalman7000Cu for the cpu. I use the Fanmate, and I drilled a hole in the top for the tiny knob.

ALL IN ONE
ALL IN ONE
ALL IN ONE
ALL IN ONE
ALL IN ONE

actually i need to be able to choose OFF too (not MIN o/r MAX) for some case fans

Last edited:
The baybus you linked to @ Bigfoot should do the job. It states that it has an OFF position.
The low voltage is adjustable to meet your fans min. voltage start up too.
It would appear that the toggle sw's are 3 position switches.
High/ Low/ and Off being the center position.

thats what I taut.

I just started having to reach for all the knobs, once when starting, and again when finishing, and I wondered if anyone else found this a pain, and what a solution is. Now I'm bummered it isn't a 7 baybus for the light too And before getting one I am gonna need to know if I can get it with a single too - a major plus. I could use a stick! maybe with a fulcrum. I hate having to screw things.

You could put 2 fans on one channel! That would free up one of the channels.

The fans you linked to are rated at 1.20 watts each, the controller is rated at 8 watts per ch.

OR you could use the Nexus for your light/lights.... ;)

archilochus, thanks for the reply.

All that tells ME is that the fans are not too HD for it. It says the LOW setting is adjustable form 7-9V, and I since I don't know diddly about this, I don't know if these fans; and a soon to owned Fatal1ty 9 gpu; & CNPS7000-Cu cpu are all compatible int his respect. It is the mix of types of coolers and the fine tuning. The last thing I want to deal with a more figgety additions to the routine.

What if I did the 2 in 1 thing, would that fine tuning thingy still probably work for just getting those 2 barely spinning? I am assuming that the HIGH position would be just full for any/all components.

I could ask bigfoot, but what I am seeking is a solution to the problem, others here have probably dealt with, or would know on the subject. Actually this product may be a brand new solution to an old problem; possibly never before tackled (correctly). But ALL IN ONE, man, come on, I'm too old for sticks! I can't even remember how I connected the one I have to get power to everything....you know where I'm going.

Last edited:
DC fans have a minimum starting voltage, to get them spinning. some require 6 volts, others 7 volts.. So you should be fine if its set to 7 volts by default.

By the way, what are these sticks you refer to? :)

Well really whats going on is if I get a vid cooler I am gonna need a new other speed/noise control point. I use MBM and so I know likely for what I do I can only ever need more than minimum cooling when I fire up a game. In other words, either minimum or maximum cooling, but never in between. I already have a knob on the top of the case for the cpu cooler (Fanmate 2), and the Front 80mm is always on no adjustment possible; both BAD. Its not much of a stretch between flicking switches to turning knobs from 9 o'clock to 5 o'clock, but if everythings' switches were all in line, and a push instead of an individual twst, i could literally hit it with a stick, or something like that.
I'm actually disappointed that they wouldn't have included that al-in-one feature. Maybe one of their other units can.

Actually I wonder if I could purposefully set a LOW level too low for the item to work at all , because at LOW mode I don't even need all those fans, even at minimum. Maybe I could put the Front & Top, in & out, on one switch, set so low so as never on until on at full in the HIGH position. Because I also already have the side and back, which are again in & out, respectively. The I'd only have the two positions to worry about: LOW & HIGH, and everything all in the same place. This is where I need guidance.

Last edited:
sunbeam make a fan controller that controlls 7 fans each an an individual chanel. And each chanel can handle 10w.

Back