• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A/C case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Preachr46

Is anyone else using a/c case fans? I did a small case mod last night, and added a 120mm in the lower front and a 80mm at the upper rear of my case. Replaced the d/c fans that were there. It really increased air flow, and lowered my cpu temp 3C. The 80mm is rated at 3,000rpm@32cfm 38db, the 120mm is rated at 3.000rpm@65cfm 38db. They are a little expensive, but very quiet compared to d/c fans of same capacity.:D

I had an AC 80mm fan in the front of my case for a while- the thing moved more air than a regular DC 80mm, and was practically silent except for the wind sounds.

The hub and blades on this are at least 2X as thick as on a DC 80mm- you could stack two 80mms together, and this AC 80m is thicker!

I eventually switched back to a DC fan- I don't like having AC cables runing thru my case, and everytime I looked at how I had spliced it into the PSU I got the heebie-jeebies. AC is just too dangerous for a hobbbyist like me to want to mess with.

Every time I messed with something in my case near the fan I felt like I was skirting death by electrocution.

I'm sure it ain't REALLY that dangerous, but I'm a wuss and don't wann risk it:D

Back