• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A celeron 2.0G that can not be over colcked?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireferrari

I am a chinese boy. I bought a celeron 2.0G with a s-spec of SL6RV and a FPO/BATCH of 7311A020 .Then i find when i raise the frequency of motherboard to 110 (just to 110) ,it shows :"overclock fail ,pressf1 to continue ........"My motherboard is via P4PB 400_L(Produced in TAIWAN),it supports overclock very well.
But i cann't find any information about cpu of this kind on intel web site. It seems that intel has never produced cpu of this kind.
If anybody knows something about this cpu ,and have the method to overclock it .Please tell ,,thank you !!SL6RV 7311A020 via P4PB 400_L

markodude

Sounds like the board or RAM, what CPU>RAM ratio are you running?
The VIA chipset P4PB_400 is not a very well used board here in Europe, in fact I am sure that most would agree with me that Intel chipset boards are generally better/more stable/more overclockable than their SiS/VIA counterparts. Have you tried the CPU in another board? Have you managed to overclock another CPU in the P4Pb?

OP
F

fireferrari

thanks

i will try it .thank you .,Once i have a chance ,,i may run my cpu on another board ,or another cpu on my board . ok ,thanks !!

batboy

Senior Moment
If any attempts to overclock your system fails, even 101 or 105 FSB, then you might need to "disable" your "speed error check" setting in the BIOS.

If you can overclock up to 105 FSB, but not over, and if you're using Windows 98 first edition, then you'll need to upgrade the operating system to Win98 second edtion or higher.

You're right, I can't find that s-spec code listed on the Intel site either. There was a SL6HY listed, maybe you read the code wrong?

OP
F

fireferrari

it is sl6rv

exactly sl6rv ,,i can go up to 106mhz ,but can not any higher .

there isn't any option of" speed erro check" on my board .

I am intend to run my cpu on another board ,and try another cpu

on my board .

then i can probably find the reason/

thanks

batboy

Senior Moment
What operating system? If you are using the original version of Windows 98, then that's your problem. There is a bug in the program that won't allow CPU speeds above 2.1 gig. Try upgrading to Windows 98 Second Edition or something newer.

OP
F

fireferrari

thank you all the same

batboy said:
You should be ok with the operating system. I don't know what the problem might be now.

when i find the reason ,i wil tell you .

pip

batboy said:
What operating system? If you are using the original version of Windows 98, then that's your problem. There is a bug in the program that won't allow CPU speeds above 2.1 gig. Try upgrading to Windows 98 Second Edition or something newer.

it was an obvious BIOS error so it couldn't be that

OP
F

fireferrari

it may be

i have another problem

i can;t find any set about the fastwrite of agp

my vga card support fastwrite ,but the chipset doesn't support ,

i think the motherboard is not so outdate ,

i must support fasrwrite i think ,,

maybe just the problem of bios ..