• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple more etchings....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

Here are a couple of etchings I did for a small local record companey. They turned out pretty nice. Three is a total of three, these two are done and then the third I still have to etch the word "Records" underneath the Bum writing. The sizes of them are (2) 9"x9" and (1) 5"x5". Enjoy!!!

Here is the 9"x9":

Bum%208x8%20.JPG

Another view:

Bum%208x8%20-%202.JPG

The smaller one (5"x5"):

Bum%205x5.JPG

Both of them side by side:

Bum%20Both.JPG

eobard

Give me a break Senior
Steve978 said:
Very nice as usual, have you considered offering this as a service in the classified's? I know I'd be interested.
[Moderator who wants no speaking of deals outside the classifieds walks by]
Hello.
[/Moderator who wants no speaking of deals outside the classifieds walks by]

OP
N

NcBaller1985

eobard said:

[Moderator who wants no speaking of deals outside the classifieds walks by]
Hello.
[/Moderator who wants no speaking of deals outside the classifieds walks by]

That's great...ROFL!!!! Very creative!

bsspewer

[artist who scoffs at the latest creation jogs by]
:scoff:
[/artist who scoffs at the latest creation jogs by]

nice work.............sorta

DaveSauce

NcBaller1985 said:
Here is a pic of what the guy origanaly sent me to etch.

[pic removed]

Oh...and did I mention that I am getting a laptop for doing these!!! :cool:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont get me wrong....they look great.....but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who is this company, and do they have any job for me???? lol

Are they paying you for the etching alone, or are they having you install the panels as well?

ahhhhh dammit baller, you're making me miss my dremel! I guess i'll have to take it home over winter break and fill my time with random etching...hehe.

OP
N

NcBaller1985

DaveSauce said:
Are they paying you for the etching alone, or are they having you install the panels as well?

Yes, I am installing them as well. I'm not sure if I am installing all of them though. I know for sure at least one...probably two.

DaveSauce said:
ahhhhh dammit baller, you're making me miss my dremel! I guess i'll have to take it home over winter break and fill my time with random etching...hehe. [/B]

I don't know what I would do without my Dremel! I hope you do some more etching...I kinda wish we had more etchers on here!!!

-NCB

DaveSauce

blah, now that I got my dremel back (I sent it in for servicing) I wanna etch now!!!!

Problem is....I don't have any material, and it's snowing like mad out.....blah.

eh, looks like i'm going to have to etch up my loft, lol. Ah well....it's some ugly wood, it could use some decoration. Now I just gotta find some stuff to etch. Problem is, it's not clear.....so it's gonna be pretty much free hand....and I dont draw very well, heh.

DaveSauce

well, I guess I found some material....the case for a bunch of spare bits I have. The top already had a logo on it, so I just etched on the back...I decided that I'd do the OC logo. I can post pics, but I dun wanna crap on baller's thread. :D

Anyway, for etching, use the small engraving bits....they are numbers 105, 106, and 107. I believe that my dremel came with the 107...i'd like to get the 105, cuz it's uber small....can get some REAL detail with that man. the 107 does well, and it's nice to have when filling in spaces....but I'd really like to have that 105 to get some extreme detail.

64Thunderbolt

I use an electric engraving pin. Easy to control, just like drawing or writing.. Iv used it on glass as well as plexi...
Very nice job Baller!!!

Happy Holidays
Charlie

Therapeutic

I love how etching works. It looks sweet. How long does somthing like you did for the record company take? Do you have to have a lot of skill?

DaveSauce

hey charlie, do you think you should show us some of your results?

The one thing I dont like about dremel etchings is when making anything thicker than the head, you get streaky kind of look.

As for the skill part, therapeutic....yes/no. All he essentially did was tape a sheet of paper with the design on the backside of the material, so he really just traced the pattern. BUT, it still takes skill....first of all, staying in the lines. Not as easy with a dremel, considering that it goes fairly fast....there are control issues as well. Second is finishing detail work....making sure you fix any mistakes you made....being able to make it look nice is different than simply transferring the drawing to the plexi.

Ziggey

NcBaller1985 said:

I don't know what I would do without my Dremel! I hope you do some more etching...I kinda wish we had more etchers on here!!!

-NCB

I havn't checked the forum in a while, but I love to etch. I etched a window in my cdrw a year ago; the dragon in my avatar thingy is what I etched, and of course filled it in with uv paint. I posted this many many months ago, but here it is again. If you have questions message me. Yes dremels rule, NcBaller does some very nice work. *cheers*

CDRW windowUV.jpg