• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A-DATA ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MODdaBOX

Hey im new to this forum and i am buying a new processor and memory for ocing on my ic7max3. iv decided to go with a p4 3.2e and my friend said to go for 1g of A-DATA pc-4200 ram ? is this a good choice? ill also be buying a watercooling set up if you have any suggestions?

Myhre

Do you already have at least pc3200 ram of some sort? I've learned that I have more success when choosing my ram after finding my processors sweet spot. I have a spare stick of pny 3200 ram that I have, and whenever I build a rig, I set it to 5:4 and first see how far I'm able to push my proc, I then run it down to 3:2 and keep going if I'm able. If your cpu won't run more than 250fsb then I think the pc4200 is somewhat overkill since you won't get decent timings out of it. I would suggest Corsair 3200xl or OCZ 3700EB's for anything less than 250fsb especially since the corsair 3200xl's will run at 1:1 with decent timings all the way up to 250fsb. Now if your going over 250fsb I would recommend the OCZ 3700EB's or the Hyperram 4200 A-data chips. It's hard to just say that one type of ram will cover everything you need since you generally want to fine tune everything to your processor.

Fast420A

www.komusa.com

Hyperam Store

FREE ADATA UPGRADE

Hyperam is the keycode for free shipping

Overclock like mad with high voltage and 3,4,4,8 timings. I am sitting at 285 FSB right now with my PC4200 2x256 Dual Channel Kit.

DamienKC

A-Data is really good for it's price. My friend bought his pc4000 512mb for $108 on newegg (it's $145 now). I used it in my system, worked perfectly.

I'm actually buying it from him for $80 + my ram :D

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Hmmm, most xcellent info. I just got 2 sticks of A-DATA PC3200 from the bay for 35 bux a pop. Gonna slap in in AN7 box and see what she does :clap: