• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few beginner overclocking questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Assassin Lord

My system is pretty old now... about 2 years, and it runs pretty well for me with just a bunch of Windows tweaks, but I can see it starting to lack as far as newer games are concerned. I'm planning to get a new motherboard, case, processor, and video card with intent to overclock. I had in mind an Elsa Gladiac GeForce 2 gts 32MB card, and AMD's seem to be most popular CPU around here. I'm not sure whether a Duron or a Thunderbird would be better for me... basically I'd like whatever has more overclocking potential. Since they're so cheap, I could probably manage to afford anywhere up to a 1.2 gig Thunderbird. WIth that in mind, any helpful motherboard suggestions would also assist me greatly.

Vector

If you're looking for speed at a great price, look no further than the 1GHz Thunderbird....

It's sleek, stylish, overclockable, and is very affordable at about $160 (try pricewatch)

May I suggest the blue one...it's real techno savvy

BP

Registered
Or you could get a Duron 750,O/C it and use the money left over and get a shiny new GeForce2 Ultra. :D

OP
A

Assassin Lord

I was thinking about getting an Elsa Gladiac GeForce 2 gts MX 32MB DDR, because I've read that it's very fast for the price and I don't want any extra options (like TV out, etc)... any word on whether this card is good or bad for overclocking in conjunction with an AMD?