• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a few nforce2 questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

what exactly is Dual DDR, how does it work, and what does it do? I understand it raises memory bandwidth but that's about it. How much of an increase will it offer?

Also on the nforce2, have any reviewers gotten a hold of the board? If so, have they gotten it to its max FSB? What is the max FSB on the board? Different manufacturers have different max FSB correct?

Lumen

mage_x said:
what exactly is Dual DDR, how does it work, and what does it do? I understand it raises memory bandwidth but that's about it. How much of an increase will it offer?

Also on the nforce2, have any reviewers gotten a hold of the board? If so, have they gotten it to its max FSB? What is the max FSB on the board? Different manufacturers have different max FSB correct?

Q1. As far as I understand, Nf2 is utilizing 2 channels to the processor, instead of just one. The reason being the memory no longer has to run synchronously. They can now operate at different times, making them much more efficient.

Q2. Yes reviewers have actually gotten a hold of several boards. The ones that I am aware of currently are the ASUS and the Chaintech. Different MoBo manufacturers, will have different limits, just like anything else.

*edit
You might want to take note that "Dual DDR" isnt exactly what it says it is. It is reffering to the channels, not the actual memory it self. Dual DDR memory will be out sometime this year.

Last edited: