• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A fix for a soundblaster card and using WPCREDIT? No more USB!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
I am switching from my Bose USB speakers to a S/B soundcard but I get static when I have edited the registry using WPCREDIT and enabling the halt command to cool the processor. I found out that USB speakers use alot of CPU power and I am gonna cut that out!! I have heard of a couple of people that this has happened too but still no fix that I can find. Should I try a different soundcard? Phillips maybe? Thanks

[email protected]€$†®Ö™

Official Weight Watcher Staff
I use the mod to halt the CPU and cool it at idle. Its not my money to say if you should get a new sound card but I do not use a Sound Blaster card and have no problems with any crackling or anything so it would suggest a change if you desire. There are known problems with compatiablity with Sound Blaster Sound Cards and the KT133 based mobo.

Maestro

OP
TranceBear

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
Maestro (Jul 17, 2001 05:29 p.m.):
I use the mod to halt the CPU and cool it at idle. Its not my money to say if you should get a new sound card but I do not use a Sound Blaster card and have no problems with any crackling or anything so it would suggest a change if you desire. There are known problems with compatiablity with Sound Blaster Sound Cards and the KT133 based mobo.

Maestro

What brand you use?