• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A funny smell happened on the way to the forum.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I was pushing my venerable and mighty FX 8350 back up to 5.4 ghz and my watercooled titan to shreeking clocks today to improve my score in this months overclocktagon when A funny smell happened........
No.... not that soiled diaper kind of smell but that HMMMMMMMMMMM.... I might have over cooked it just A tad here, perhaps I have given the electron gods A bit of A case of the winds kind of smell.....
The mighty and death defying rig completed the bench, I got my screenshot and "WINK" off she went, before I could save the snip.
I opened the case and started sniffing about finding the gpu not of stinkyness, the motherboard to be free of A case of the skanks but, A single whif of the psu told the tail...........
all that I had in reserve is an old 400 watt unit so I changed them out just to see what might have survived the onslaught of electrons and found the old girls still quite alive!!!!!!!!
I really should have paid the dear price for using an 8 years old, super high end psu such as this 1000 watt ultra X4 ( yes, it is tiger directs house brand).

I hear this one is THE one, er two.
tomshardware.com/uk/news/chinese-80-plus-platinum-psu-pumps-out-3600w-of-power

Back