• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A hello and a question :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now all you need is permission

And rogerdugans is pretty close you'll probably get 4.5-5 hours per WU on those boxes. I crunch on a [email protected] P4 Northwood with PC800 mem. and times are about 4-4.5 hours

good luck on your part time farm project Mark!! keep us info!! ;)

btw, got your result.sah file for both result. still have the spec. for them. will post it soon

Deez - Im Network manager so I guess I should ask myself! No, being serious, the school head has the last say, I am a bit concerned about the implications of leaving a whole room of PC's on over weekends and evenings, due to fire risks. Im gonna have to think about that.
They are all SDRAM based machines so I reckon 5 hours may be more realistic although I am sure the Linux client runs a bit faster.

Actually the linux client is slightly slower than the winnt client; a small difference, but it is there.

My experience with P4 chips is pretty limited, so it looks like I was overly generous in my guess on times. ;)

Still, 5- or even 6 hours per with 30 machines will add up to quite a bit:D

Back