• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little experiment with air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
The temperature in the room where the computer is fluctuates when the furnace kicks on so I have been pondering how to simply alleviate the effect this has on the case temperature of the computer. The desk is in front of the window so the simple solution would be to open the window. This would only make the furnace come on more frequently. When the curtains are shut there is a natural convection taking place between the cold glass and the warm room air. The warmth is rising and some of the air gets cooled and flows down to the windowsill. With the curtains shut this airspace is relatively unaffected by the furnace going on and off.

So my simple solution is to keep the curtains shut and place a 4 inch dryer pipe behind the curtains on the windowsill and attach the other end to the blowhole in the side of the computer case.

Simple isn't it?

OP
gone_fishin

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
Wow, what they did was duct from outside to lower temps. What I did was stabalize case temps. Two different goals, same hardware.
Where I live it's too cold out now to try what they did, I'd get condensation.