• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little thanks is in order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wommalong

Please do not flame me

I have noticed that not a lot of thanks (if any) goes to the 'simple' folder like myself. I am in no way saying I want you all to now make obeisance to me (the 'simple' folder) just a little pat on the back every now and then would be nice. Just to know that what I am doing is not all in vein... After all this does cost me money.

Thanks
Womma

p.s. No flaming... ok!;)

Anyone who folds, whether on 100,000 Dual Athlon 2800+ system, or a few points/week on a P200, is worthy of our thanks.

If you fold, thanks for folding. It is each and every folder, from the top ten to the bottom ten, that make this team what it is.

David

We appreciate everyone folding. I only have one rig folding right now and my output is miserable but I try to keep up the spirit of the team with my witty humor. Ok no really I just let them laugh at me for stupid things but whatever works. I know humility all too well.

FOLD FOLD FOLD!!!!!

google is my friend.

remember 7 of 9 was borg too.

Indeed! Cheers to everyone! I like to think this is for my children and their children.
Long time dedication is also something rarely mentioned. This is not a fire and forget program. It takes a continued effort to keep up with the new releases and such.

Wommalong said:
A little thanks is in order

nah a huge thanks is in order! the folding project would be absolutely no where out every single folder! Every single computer is vital to the success of the folding project, and whether you are folding with 10 billion computers or with 1, you are vital to the cause.

If everyone with 1-2 rigs stopped folding the project would be in serious trouble because that is the majority of the user base. I know i cannot thank you enough for folding and helping out your fellow man/woman!

If you have one rig or 2 rigs, do not think your contribution to the cause is futile, think just the opposite, without you Folding@home would not be as far as it is. There would be no breakthough with the b605, there would be no gromacs, nothing!!

Every single idle cycle and proc is important, no folder is more vital to the cause than another!

Thank you all for folding,

FOLD ON
NAS

I wouldn't quite say that people don't thank you. You just need to mention something. Like 2 weeks ago I mentioned that I got a 200mhz P mmx up and folding and people thanked me ever though I have only finihsed about 4 Wu's since then (been working on a P20x for the last 4-5 day)

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I am by no way a big folder, only doing about 40 points a week. But any time that someone says they are joining the fold or if someone says they are adding there 400 mhz pII they all seem to be very gracious. I think all the big guys are really cool and don't hold themselves higher just cuz they have money to spend on multiple computers just to fold. These guys thank everybody, it's just the big guys talk in here a lot so it seems they get all the attention so it seems. Just my 2 cents.

Wommalong,
I'm not a "little guy" by most DC standards,
I'm not even on the OC.com team.
I am very proud of all the dedicated folders especially the ones with only a box or two. It takes a lot more resolve to stick with a DC project when you know you're never gonna be at the front of the line. The "little guys" do this out of kindness and "for the team"...not for personal glory or big stats.

You guys rock. All of you. Every one-box folder on every team is working to make this world a better place. :D

Fold on and fold proud.

-relic

I always was under the impression that this forum was so great because all of the members appreciate every single processor that is working toward the cause. Sorry if you feel left out, but you are definitely appreciated!

Thank you? Heck, I marvel at the output of most of our folders. The home brew guys are my hero's as I only have one box at home that folds 24/7 as that is all I can afford right now.

However, there are a huge number of folders out there with two, five, or ten plus boxes at home for which they are both technically AND financially responsible. I read about folders scrounging together some p400 from parts they picked up from a couple of friends, a family member, or some way-ward kitchen appliance and now that box is sitting in some corner of their room/house/apartment folding 24/7 and I am amazed.

We would be remiss if we did not mention every folder, and appreciate the work that they do.

Wedo

Yay, i've just started folding (5 days ago) and im on my 9th unit!!! wooo, already reached my first milestone of 50 points and am well on my way to 100!!! (60.95)

I just bought my watercooling kit too so once thats fitted, i'll be able to overclock some more and fold faster!

relic said:
Wommalong,
I'm not a "little guy" by most DC standards,
I'm not even on the OC.com team.
I am very proud of all the dedicated folders especially the ones with only a box or two. It takes a lot more resolve to stick with a DC project when you know you're never gonna be at the front of the line. The "little guys" do this out of kindness and "for the team"...not for personal glory or big stats.

You guys rock. All of you. Every one-box folder on every team is working to make this world a better place. :D

Fold on and fold proud.

-relic

I totally agree. This thread is the best thing I've read in a while....;)

Thanks to all, from top to bottom. Whether you've got 200 P4's or 4 P200's, you are all appreciated.

Cheers! Fold ON!! :beer:

B.

Wedo said:
... I read about folders scrounging together some p400 from parts they picked up from a couple of friends, a family member, or some way-ward kitchen appliance and now that box is sitting in some corner of their room/house/apartment folding 24/7 and I am amazed ...

... and then there was the (quite serious) thread, recently, trying to figure out how to get Play Station 2 machines to fold. Every clock tick helps the cause.

And, yes, it does feel good to be thanked now and then. I was recently feeling sort of the same way just the other day. :D

WTG everyone especially the people with only one box. Without all of you We as a team and F@H as a whole would not be where we are today. So keep up the good work and fold as HARD as you can. That includes our visitor relic and the thread starter Wommalong. Fold on!!!!

Loud said:

And, yes, it does feel good to be thanked now and then. I was recently feeling sort of the same way just the other day. :D

That's true, regardless of your points output. I, too, have been feeling sort of the same way.

Thank you, Loud. Thank you, Wommalong.

It feels good to be appreciated. Feels bad to be ignored.

Who's "job" is it to thank us, though? I suppose it's everyone's job to support each other. We are a team.

I thank everyone on team 32 for folding. I know that it requires effort and money to participate. Thank you for wanting to participate. No one is required to fold. It's a choice. (The right choice, of course. ;) )

Thank you to everyone who folds for other teams. All teams are just sub-teams of the big team, really.

If you don't fold here, fold somewhere. Just fold.

Back