• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A New Dremel Feature That You Will Love

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PawNtheSandman

Registered
I work at Home Depot. As I'm walking through the store today I see one of the vendors building a display. Typical hardware stuff. All Skill tools. Jigsaw, circular saw, angle drill and a dremel. The vendor saw me and gave me a blinking pin. blah blah blah, he then explains that Skill and dremel have a new line of tools out with built in lights.

Actually, they are 2 ultra bright leds. Forget the Skill tools, the dremel is the same multi-speed pro with this collar that fits where the collar for the detail wand fits on. There is a switch that puts the light on. There is also another attachment which we could use. It is like a straight guide for cuts. It the same idea as a circular saw enclosing, only on the end of the dremel. This will make for smoother, cleaner, straighter cuts.

AND JUST THINK

YOU CAN MOD YOUR DREMEL

BLOO LEDS ROOL!

I couldn't find any pics on the dremel or hd site. If you can't wait, I could take some pics tomorrow.

beezee

They actually had those guides out for quite some time now. I used it along with a meter stick to help guide my hand to straight lines! :) dremels are the best!

OP
PawNtheSandman

PawNtheSandman

Registered

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
PawNtheSandman said:
Dremel updated their site. Heres the addys for the pics.

Dremel light:

http://www.dremel.com/productdisplay/att_template.asp?SKU=677&Color=99CCFF

Dremel mini-saw:

http://www.dremel.com/productdisplay/att_template.asp?SKU=670&Color=99CCFF

These are only available included with the multipro at Home Depot. They are sold seperately but have to be special ordered, at least in my region.
I wouldnt mind buying one of the mini saw blades. That puppy looks sweet.