• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A New O/C King? The AthlonXP 1800+ T-bred B!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25175.pdf
The following link leads to the white papers which point to a 1800+ T-bred B model coming out sometime between now and February.

At the rate its going, by the time this processor hits the market, it will only be worth $50 US ($79.99 CA).

T-bred B 1800+ would run at 1.53GHz. I wonder how easy 2.3GHz+ would be on this CPU? :)

For those of you who cant find it, its under the "Advanced 266-Front Side Bus" category and its table two which I believe is the next page from there.

OC-Master

Last edited:

Evc

Registered
Yea, she is.. sorry to get off topic.. LOL

I knew I saw her before, and I did heres the full pic:

As for the XP1800+ "B" 2.3 sounds a bit high, but possible I think.

Attachments

• 425.jpg
    425.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 273
OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

ASUS A7N8X is the fastest AMD Motherboard on the planet untill other brands decide to get there act together and bring out their nForce2 boards.

OC-Master

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

Ok, appearently, there is already a few lucky ducks who got ahold of one of these CPUs and has it on the ASUS A7N8X. I'm gonna follow up on this news group and see what there success is. This is a ES (Engineering Sample) CPU.

I'm having all the luck today!

OC-Master

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

Ok, they have posted first attempts with Prime95 running for over 2 hours as of there posting without failure. The CPU is running on defualt 11.5X with the FSB boosted from 133MHz to 166MHz.

So they have made it to 166MHz by raising the Vcore from 1.60V (Defualt) to 1.70v.

Besides this, no other news.

OC-Master

quegyboe

Sweet, I've been planning to get an XP1800+ for a while now, and it's going to be a little bit before I actually get around to buying one, and I hope it's a "B".

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

At this time, I'd like to take the oppertunity to ask any moderators reading this thread to think about the decision to bump up the maximum attainable picture sizes to at least 640x480. I mean, all you have to do is cap the maximum picture size to like 100KB and also add something like no more than 3 picture posts per day. That way, people wont flood the forums to a harsh degree.

EDIT: I'd also like to add, if memory becomes a problem, I'm sure there is a way to implement thread times where if a thread has been not updated for more than a month, the pictures within the thread can be safely deleted assuming no more people are going to view them. This way, archives wont lead to headaches like takeing gigabytes upon gigabytes of space.

There is some screenshots that I'm not even gonna bother to post because 300x300, you simply cant do nothing with that sort of a picture size.

OC-Master

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

So far, they have reached 183MHz with the CPU with it at 1.8Vcore. They appearently are using an Volcano 7+ Heatisink to cool the chip and there temps are in the low 40s.

Prime95 torture so far ran for six hours and counting.

11.5 x 183

2.1GHz aint too shabby for the 1800+ CPU. They are currently trying to push the CPU a little further hence they still got .05 voltage that they can play with.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm thinking 200MHz FSB isnt soo impossible anymore. I hope they venture behond the stupid 1.85Vcore limit and push 2volts :) . That would make me happy.

OC-Master

Last edited:

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
OC-Master...come on, everyone wants to know who the chick is..is it you? is it your sister? i mean...dont deprive us from knowin how the cutie is

btw, 1800+tbred is gonna be sweet...IF AMD EVER LETS US BUY THEM!!!!