• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A possible thing at Target to use with water cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

today I was in automotive at Target, just looking around and I found these mini fridges, when I say mini I mean about the size of a 2 liter of pepsi.
upon opening it up it's look like it would be the perfect size to put a small resorvoir of water in and cool it.
it claims it gets 45 degees below ambient temps.
costs 60 dollars, and looks like it could be easily modded so you could drill through the sides and run cubes into it.

I was thinking of picking up one soon to test.:cool:

wildfrogman

Heheh, just gave me a thought......mod the fridge to take a 226 watt pelt and uh really freeze your food. Just make sure your alternator can handle it. To bad you would need a heavy duty power adapter for it though if you wanted to plug into a 115v outlet.

550M

yeah i would avoid those, they're pretty cheap. overpriced too. They take forever to cool off anything.

SemiCycle

I've always thought those little things where cheap products too. I did find one on sale last year, so I bought it as a christmas present for my father. It hasn't gotten too much use because it cools so badly.