• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A quick question to anyone with a Thermaltake Core X71

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GingerMonkey

Hi All

I was thinking about buying the Thermaltake Core X71 case but have one quick question.

Can you remove the top of the lower compartment to create one giant space?
It looks to me like if I decided to do this I would have to drill out the rivets but I can't seem to get a good enough look from the images online.

Cheers:)

Like yourself, I can't discern from the factory images what may be possible. Do you have a reseller nearby that would have one on display, such as Fry's or Microcenter? That was typically my go-to solution when I lived near enough to drop in and play with the display models. Did it for cases, keyboards, mice, chairs.

Sadly not. What few places that are near me either do not have the case or are closed due to the virus.

From the photos on TT's website it appears that the lower shelf is riveted in (it appears to be a frame member), but that is purely speculation. Best advice at this point is to contact TT and ask. I'm sure they would provide you the answer. Or wait around till someone with this case responds.

Back