• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Quick Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-O_S-H

Just wanted to know if puuting a Bitspower 90 degree double rotary fitting on the pump inlet is OK? WIll it affect the loop? They are listed to not being restrictive since its curved I guess.

Example ::

Code:
[url]http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-025-BP&utm_source=froogle[/url]

With the way Ive placed my pump I need to use an angle fitting or the tubing will interfere with my GPU. It will also mean i need a shorter length of tubing and the loop will look much cleaner.

It's expensive but I already have bitspower sparkling black compression fittings so I want it all to match.

BobbyBubblehead

I dont think it will cause any noticeable effect (other than sorting your fitting issue out :) )

I was amazed at how restrictive some of the bores were on the dirt zalman input blocks, I would never have guessed for the flow and preassure.

I say enjoy your shiny fitting... should last some years anyhow.

EDIT: looks prettier and less restrictive than a collapsed hose

Conumdrum

Should be okay. You try to make the inlet to the pump as free flowing as possible due to wanting linear flow etc. but the BP fitting is pretty smooth and free flowing. So in theory no, but it should be okay since it's such a good fitting.

OP
J-O_S-H

J-O_S-H

Thanks for the replys guys (hey that rhymed :D)... it's as I thought... it doesn't look very restrictive at all.

When my build is finally finished Ill post some pictures... though it'll be around January time since i'm buying a piece at a time.

Just picked up a brand new D0 stepping i7 920 for £170 brand new and sealed (usually cost £210+) and a Corsair HX620w for £65 from Ebay ... should get the rest early to mid Jan.