• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A REALLY stupid question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Don Quixote

Registered
I have been overclocking for a while, and I was never leary about upping voltages before, but I wanna know if upping core voltages on my t-bird will graphically reduce it's life. I overclocked my old k6-2 by fifty Mhz and to do that, I had to up it's core to 2.8v, but it is still going strong right now. Now for specs

1000Mhz Athlon (200Mhz fsb) socket 462
running at 1411Mhz (333fsb) @ 1.92volts
AXIA stepping

thanks for the use of your knowledge

mustangman

I have ran a tbird 950 @ 2.04 vcore for a little over a year and it was still running strong. It would still be going now but I fried the mobo when I was redoing the vmod with a pot (replacing the fixed resistor.) I ran seti basically 24/7 over that time also. I never saw any adverse affects on benchs or anywhere else so I think upping your vcore some more won't hurt.
That's not to say that yours might not die right away though there's always a few that won't handle the extra volts.