• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A thread regarding OC3d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

Is it still being supported and going strong or is it kind of dying off. I don't really see the point in keeping it around, but I'll continue to support it if we're trying to keep it alive.

gtsimmo

I have four rigs, alittle over 4 ghz doing mostly gromacs folding for OC3d :) Lets keep it strong and alive. Maybe we needs another roll call ;) Which reminds me i havent seen Kato around lately

Arkaine is also working on a OC3d webpage which has been kinda late due cause of his new job training.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
OC3d

OC3d is destined to hit the top 20 and maybe top 10 list worldwide. Everyone on the subteam is welcome to stay or go if they like.

The webpage will be handed over to cullam3n shortly. I'm too darn busy right now to do much with it.

I've come a long way with OC3d.... from just 2 rigs last spring to 13 now, with #14 in the works. And we just hit 25K points!

Last edited:

gtsimmo

Cool nice to know your still around. :)

Oh introducing the new OC3d #1 Avator hehe I wonder why i didnt come up with it before. Just alittle something I came up with in 5 mins

Arkaine23

OC3d

Nice avatar GTS!!

Guys, I may be able to get 50 athlons for us in a few months. Gotta work hard for it though....

And what's even better is I can monitor them from home with VNC. And they're all Linux gromacs boxes set up with scripts to automate everything to go smoothly.

Last edited:

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Re: OC3d

Arkaine23 said:
Guys, I may be able to get 50 athlons for us in a few months. Gotta work hard for it though....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

not much else to say to that! good luck with getting them and let us know if we need to come over and break some tables or something :D

FOLD ON
NAS

Arkaine23

OC3d

Yup, overdoze has work to do designing computer chips and needs to get this sys admin stuff off his back.

You guys are always welcome to come chill with me in Austin. We can go on ninja folding raids or head over to AMD and see about passing ourselves off as a hardware review site... ya know whatever. Mi casa es su casa, but bring your own routers/hubs b/c mine's full o' AMD boxes!

Last edited:

gtsimmo

I may take you up on that someday bro. When i execute Project: Ninja Folding Across America or while Im heading towards New Orleans during that certain time of the year ;)

Arkaine23

OC3d unites

I may want to hitch a ride with you in February, GTS. :)

Wommalong

Re: OC3d

Arkaine23 said:

And what's even better is I can monitor them from home with VNC. And they're all Linux gromacs boxes set up with scripts to automate everything to go smoothly.

:eek: :eek: Now that would be alot... would not take you long to move up in the ranks hey?

Arkaine23

computers

OC3d would have a good shot at taking and holding top 10 worldwide.

These are company servers. Right now they all fold for overdoze. But I'm in training to become an admin there and I have 90 days to get good at it. If I meet all the objectives, my employment will most likely continue and the rigs will fold for me- that's OC3d of course. Guess he dropped that on me to overclock my motivational circuitry. And talk about motivation!!!! I think it worked. :D

Also, they use a lot of computer power. They are anxiously awaiting hammers, since 3-4Gb of memory is starting to be inadequeate and x86-64 is what is needed to keep pace.

Check out the scripts overdoze has written for linux folders! Stanford has a bug in the linux client where when other apps take priority, folding still holds onto 6% of the cpu cycles. It'll stop folding mid frame and check the load every minute unitl it drops and then resume folding. Will also switch between gromacs and tinker if there's a problem connecting to a Stanford server.

gtsimmo

90 days huh, what are you doing lingering around the forum!!! Get back to studying whatever it is that you got to learn. Come on now, back to work. Playtime is over young man!

Arkaine23

me

Quit nagging already!

I'm on the linuxnewbie forum right now. But you're right, the OC forums have got me totally hooked! Must... resist.... OC... forums.... And I've got a big fat Unix book in front of me too. Sheesh! The job doesn't even start for another 5 days. And the good thing is, besides the 20 or so hours/week I'll be working this new job, my night job gives me nearly 40 hours/week that I can read forums and books. And I can use VNC from my RH box at home to check on work stuff. Lots of studying time for me! And didn't I already say I was totally motivated by the prospect of 50 Athlons and the all-around coolness of the company???

RoadWarrior

Hey, don't worry about the books, linux has you covered, just login as root, then at the command prompt type...
rm -r
It means read manual and the -r is to tell it to give you the bits specific to root. ;)

Hint: Don't actually try this :D

overdoze

RoadWarrior said:
Hey, don't worry about the books, linux has you covered, just login as root, then at the command prompt type...
rm -r
It means read manual and the -r is to tell it to give you the bits specific to root. ;)

Hint: Don't actually try this :D

that is incorrect. The correct way is to type

rm -rf /

lol ....

Arkaine23

linux jibes

Hahaha

Yeah, I think I need to explore the rm command as much as possible on my first day. They'll really be impressed by my 1337 1inux skillz. LOL

For those who have yet to sample the sweet ambrosia that is Linux, rm = delete.

Last edited:

Thespis377

overdoze said:

that is incorrect. The correct way is to type

rm -rf /

lol ....
Yeah..that's it. What fun that would be...NOT!! Although I'm so ****ed right now at my linux machine that I'm ready to do that. By the way, can I get a job with you guys? I'm 1337. I got mad programming skillz. 9-) Well, I'm going to school to become as 1337 as possible. 8-D