• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N266-E what MB monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

i have a problem i tried the asus probe when i use it says my cpu is at 40c which is fine with me

But when i over clock my cpu 150 mhz it says i at still at 40c
even when i up the core voltage from 1.7 to 1.8 no jump in temps so what MB monitor are u guys using

what are your case temps like? i got two separate rigs - epox w/ 1.33 tbird and a7n266-e w/ 1800+ @ 1907+

both run 40c - both in bios and on probe software and on mbm - could be your heat sink is better than your room and case temps and the delta difference is not great enough that you are maximizing what the heatsink can do.

so i think i am safe to start cranking up the mutiplier now and just watch the temps?

i have sis sanda and asus probe

Check the "THEMCPU" jumper to insure that pins 1 and 2 are closed. This is the position for Athalon/Duron. Actually, that is the position for all CPUs. The pin 2 to 3 position is reserved and if it is set that way the temp reading will be constant no matter what.

The jumper is located in the upper right hand corner between the RAM slots and the Promise UDMA connectors.

Back