• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N266-VM Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jut

Hi,

I have recently modded my asus m/board to allow overclocking. I got the details from another site and once carried out it appeared to work ok. I can now alter the BIOS stabily upto 1745Mhz (XP2000+ chip). However, even tho the bios says 1745Mhz, WCPUID v3.1 still reads the speed as 1666Mhz and the system clock as 133Mhz (should be 140 according to the bios setup).

Has anyone came across this problem before and is there a solution. The system appears to be running faster but all the benchmark programs indicate no performance change at all.

If it helps the memory being used is PC2100 (generic) and cannot really cope (CRUCIAL PC2100 on the way). Can my memory be dragging my entire system down or is the problem somewhere else.

Any help would be great

Jut

If I remember right, this is the board that you have to cut the wire in the solder points 1&2 and then connect 2&3. From what I've read before, thats all you had to do. I also remember seing a few threads here, but search shows nothing. What mods have you done to it, any bios updates?

What programs are you using to benchmark? If you use sisoft sandra, it should tell you what you are running. The bios may not be accepting your settings and just bypassing them during startup.

Welcome to the forums.

Edit- I did a search through google and found that you need the 1001 or 1005 bios for it to work.
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2748

Jim

Last edited:
Hello Jim,

I have *JUST* updated to 1006 defore I started the soldering. I will downgrade to 1005 and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks 4 your time

Jut

After reading some of the posts at that link, there are quite a few diffent opinions, so you may want to read through it, many pages there, I didn't have time to read through all of them.

Jim

After reading most of the links I thought the problem was probably the BIOS. I ran a FLASH to a version which works (1005) and am now running at 1789Mhz in both the BIOS and wCPUid.

Thanks for your help.

Jut

Back