• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-E Deluxe compatibilties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jumpin Jack

I have a couple of noob questions.... Sorry....

Can anyone tell me the maximum speed for Ram that this board can handle or doesn't it really matter?

Is the board backward compatible to be able to accept DDR2 ram sticks?

Is the board backward compatible to be able to accept SATA II drives?

Thanks .... :)

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
Jumpin Jack said:
I have a couple of noob questions.... Sorry....

Can anyone tell me the maximum speed for Ram that this board can handle or doesn't it really matter?

Is the board backward compatible to be able to accept DDR2 ram sticks?

Is the board backward compatible to be able to accept SATA II drives?

Thanks .... :)

Max Speed this Board Recognizes is DDR400 but im sure it will work with faster

This Board does not use DDR2 at all, DDR2 is 240 Pin and DDR is 184.

SATA II drives will work on SATA with no problem, I have a Sata RAID controller in my server with 6 SataII compatible drives on it running with no problem and i tested those drives on my gaming system first which has this motherboard in question.

OP
Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack

Thanks for the quick reply... :)

synthetic_fenix said:
Max Speed this Board Recognizes is DDR400 but im sure it will work with faster

This Board does not use DDR2 at all, DDR2 is 240 Pin and DDR is 184.

SATA II drives will work on SATA with no problem, I have a Sata RAID controller in my server with 6 SataII compatible drives on it running with no problem and i tested those drives on my gaming system first which has this motherboard in question.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
No Problem, Glad I could help, Might Ask, what other hardware are you putting with that motherboard?

OP
Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack

I'm contemplating upgrade the ram capacity and updating the HDD. Locally DDR2 & SATA II seems to be the same price or similar to DDR & SATA so I wanted to upgrade with the latest and greatest. Down the track a little I hope to go to a "64 rig" and I'm trying to buy (if possible) now what will also work in a "64 rig".

synthetic_fenix said:
No Problem, Glad I could help, Might Ask, what other hardware are you putting with that motherboard?

stang8118

I am getting the exact same board in the mail tommorow. I am really looking forward to it :) I never really got into axp's and OCing. My first build was an axp setup but i never OC'd it lol... Been messing around mostly with 754/939 stuff, but i have since downgraded to axp. Can't wait to see what this 2400 i have has in store for me :D Hoping to hit around 2.4-2.5ghz.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe has been a really good board for me, and I just looked at the hard drives im running and they are both Sata II just not running at Sata II speeds.

V10Ace

I currently am running the A7N8X-E motherboard, have been for little over a year. It's extremely stable if you don't do what it can't do. What I mean by that is, this motherboard will NOT allow me to run the memory at DDR400 (200 mhz). I have read on many forums about this problem and found that the Nforce 2 chipset is extremely flakey with DDR400. I sure hope you guys find a little more luck. I just got my A8N-E Socket 939 in the mail today. I honestly can't wait until I can run my memory at, at least stock speeds. :bang head

The Engine

Registered
Iv been running the a7n8x-del for about a yr now.[3 of them,all flashed to 1013] In my experience, Ive had no prob getting fsb to 225, but thats the highest...fsb227=errors in superpi. I have used a locked 3200/unlocked revb 2400[266]/locked 3000[400fsb]/locked 2800[333]
with all of them i used 433mhz mem[ocz] at the minimum. they have all clocked to whatever was needed to get where i wanted to go...the divider is the trick when you need to get your mem up to its rated speed. very good board!

RJARRRPCGP

V10Ace said:
I currently am running the A7N8X-E motherboard, have been for little over a year. It's extremely stable if you don't do what it can't do. What I mean by that is, this motherboard will NOT allow me to run the memory at DDR400 (200 mhz). I have read on many forums about this problem and found that the Nforce 2 chipset is extremely flakey with DDR400. I sure hope you guys find a little more luck. I just got my A8N-E Socket 939 in the mail today. I honestly can't wait until I can run my memory at, at least stock speeds. :bang head

That's strange, unless the multiplier on your processor's locked. Because it did POST at 200 mhz for me with a T-bred 2000+, which didn't have a locked multiplier, but Memtest86 failed, Memtest86 displayed 10 errors. :( But I blamed that on my RAM, because it's only PC2700.

I wonder if my RAM can do 200 mhz stably, because Memtest86 passed when at 195 mhz. Would changing the tRAS to 11 make it pass at 200 mhz?

Thrasher_Z

I wish I had 3 of these. Such a sweet, no probs board. With my 2x512 Corsair vsPC3200 I was running at 236 @ 2T and 331 @ 1T both at 2.5-3-3-8. I have recently upped to 2x1024 XMS and thus far I am hanging at 204 with [email protected] 208 appears to be stable and although I can run higher I get reboots when under a high load. I ran memtest at some higher settings and get alot of errors. I think the extra banks are going to need the 2T timings or single channel, but I haven't had the time to put into dialing it in so I have not even bothered to flash back to 2T bios. So for now it is running great at ~2550 but I plan to get back my previous clocks when I get a chance the extra bus gives a nice little bump.

vixro

The board in my signature has gladly taken the listed RAM to about 225mhz 1:1 fsb. Good stuff, I'm sure it could go higher if my processor was nice to me and I got different ram. Sure the -E has the same outcome. Won't work with DDR2 though, oh well. Upgrading to the a8n32-sli here within the week and an opteron 170!