• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x e-deluxe sata reboot / memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaz011

Hi,

I recently upgraded my PC by adding a Maxtor Sata 160gb hd and another 512mb ram module (corsair).

problem 1-
Prior to installing win xp i installed the sata controller drivers and the hd is working fine. The only problem is that i cannot restart my computer or it will get stuck on "verifying dmi pool data". Funnily enough this only happens when i reboot. If i completely shut down and switch on the PC again this problem doesnt occur.

problem 2-
Since i installed the additional 512mb corsair pc400 my pc became very unstable. While playing for example NFS Most Wanted sometimes the game just quits or even worse a spontaneous reboot. Also during a superpi test i get all sorts of errors ("not exact in round", "not convergent in sqr05").
My original ram module is an elixir with the same specs as the corsair.
I tried running both ram modules in dual and single channel mode but in both cases my pc is unstable.
When i tried both ram modules independently the pc worked fine during gaming and superpi tests so i doubt that any of the ram modules are damaged.

Any ideas please??

My PC specs:
MOBO: Asus a7n8x e-deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3200+
VGA: 256MB AGP GeForce 6600
Ram: 2 * 512 (PC400 DDR - Elixir and Corsair)
HD: Maxtor 160gb Sata 8mb Buffer
Pioneer dvd writer
80mm exhaust case fan

Power Supply: 350w
+3.3v = 20.0A
+5v = 28.0A
+12v1 - 10.0A (yel)
+12v2 - 15.0A (yel / blk)
+5v sb - 2.0A

Back