• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8x large heatsink issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadOC

Can someone who has purchased this board tell all of us if all the rumors about people having large heatsinks are going to be in trouble is true?????
I want to make sure i can put mine on b4 i waste my $$

x-kid

that's kinda of what i wanted to know too. I asked this question in the amd motherboard question. I have the swiftech MCW 462-UH waterblock. I was wondering if it would fit. Does anyone know or think that it will

thanks
kevin

skane

SK-7 and MCX-462

Just got my A7N8X yesterday. Here's a picture of an SK-7 with Panaflo 80x25mm mounted.

SK-7 and A7N8X

The fan-clip is very close to the 2nd capacitor (counting from the rear edge of the board). I had to slide the fan up a bit on the SK-7 for the clip to clear the cap. Also tried mounting the clips on the sides (instead of top-bottom) but there was less clearance.

I have an MCX-462 and that also will fit, but I noticed there are traces very close to the four mounting holes, so I decided not to risk crushing them with the Swifty base-mounts.

The SK-7 is temporary, I plan to move this set up to water (with Swiftech MCW5000 block) in a couple weeks.
hth,
Scott