• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v133 + 1900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentzero

Registered
Hey guys!

I recently was lucky enough to receive an Athlon XP 1900. ASUS's site doesn't really give me any conclusive evidence of the chip working with my ASUS A7V133 mobo, so I thought I'd turn to you guys :)
I'm assuming it will, as my mobo supports 266 FSB?
I'm currently running a T-Bird 1.4!

Thanks

-silentzero-

You need two things to run an XP on an A7V133.

1)your motherboard has to be revision 1.05 (the latest, I believe.) You can find the revision number next to the "A7V133" scrolled between a couple of the PCI slots.

2)have the latest BIOS flash.

It should work fine, if your board fits these criteria. I've heard it isn't always kosher, though. I've still heard of a lot of people with KT133A boards having problems getting XPs stable in them. There's a good chance it will work, but there's always the off chance it won't.

I had XP trouble.

I have a Asus A7V133a 2.05 rev or later board with the latest bios, it had no trouble running a XP1800 but it got a little confused sometimes. e.g running at correct MHz speed but reporting it as an XP1500 :). Mind you it did have boling water spill on it :) lol.

thanks for your replies guys!

yes, the BIOS tells me my board revision is 1005 or something (1.05), so it should be ok!

yay :D

-silentzero-

Back