• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 beta BIOS 1015.001 out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adamu

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_A/VIA_Chipset/Apollo_KT333/A7V333/1015__01.zip

I'm going to go install this now and will post results. I'm upgrading from 1014.002 (second beta version of the 1014 bios).

--UPDATE--

When I first tried to install it using the dos program it would freeze up when I selected Y at the "Are you sure you want to continue" part of the installation. Bieng the numbskull that I am I tried useing the built in flash utility and it worked. :rolleyes:

--EDIT--

Sorry about posting that my temps were lower earlier, I'd forgotten that I didn't have my computer overclocked when I flashed it.

I can't tell that there's any new features.

Use caution if you plan on installing this bios because of the problem that I had with it freezing the dos program.

Last edited:

Fever

It won't let me flash for some reason. Gives me a warning about it now being the same as onboard, or something like that.

I have the non raid board, you?

OP
A

Adamu

Yes, I have the non raid board also. I don't really think that it's worth it to flash to this bios because I didn't see any new features in it and it hasn't let me overclock more.

maxima88

I tried 2 other newer bios and wasn't able to o/c as well. lost about 30-40mhz. Although no stability problems, just the o/c issue.

OP
A

Adamu

Now the non-beta version is out:
http://download.asus.com.tw/mb_dl_menu.asp?l1=1&l2=10&l3=18&mid=1

But it has some strange notes that go along with it:
1. Support Althon XP 2600+ CPU.
2. Support FSB 333 MHz CPU.
3. A7V333 BIOS update history:
*Current BIOS version 1003/1004>BIOS update> Aflash under DOS.
If your current BIOS version is 1003 or 1004, please use Aflash under DOS to update BIOS.
**Current BIOS version 1005 or 1006>BIOS update>Aflash or EZflash.
If your current BIOS version is 1005 or 1006,please use Aflash or EZflash to update BIOS.
***Current BIOS version 1007 or later>BIOS update> Aflash, EZflash, or ASUS Update.
If your current BIOS version is 1007 or later, please use Aflash, EZflash, or ASUS Update to update BIOS.
****Above BIOS update rules have to be followed in order to avoid the occurrence of BIOS corruption.
I'm glad my BIOS wasn't corrupted. :)

OC Detective

Yes I think I will do the same - my BIOS is currently 1012 so I want to see if I can bust past 1.8GHz! BTW does anyone know why a certain BIOS would give a better OC?