• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 BIOS 1014 Update Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
Well i was on BIOS 1011 and I went and downloaded 1014 and flashed to it. The BIOS works great and so does the board and its all rock solid stable. I just ahve one problem, every time i boot it finds my printer like it was the first time i plugged it in and launches the new hardware thing and tries to install it. The printer itself is installed perfectly fine and works but every time i boot the stupid thing pops up and i ahve to click cancel.

dxiw said:
Well i was on BIOS 1011 and I went and downloaded 1014 and flashed to it. The BIOS works great and so does the board and its all rock solid stable. I just ahve one problem, every time i boot it finds my printer like it was the first time i plugged it in and launches the new hardware thing and tries to install it. The printer itself is installed perfectly fine and works but every time i boot the stupid thing pops up and i ahve to click cancel.

Well, there are different types of settings for the lpt port in the bios. Theres ECP and EPP and the third is a combination of both.

Before you flashed you probably had it set to one of those. After you flashed, it changed back to the default setting so windows sees a new device.

Play with those bios settings until you find the one you were at before and windows will stop asking:)

Al

i will play with those but i don't think thats the problem as i never touched those settings in the first place...but we shall see soon

its standard anyways I fixed the problem by checking in the add new hardware thing the box that says don't try to install this driver anymore or something like that. Now it doesn't bug me and the printer works perfectly, anyways, i have another problem... I don't hear my vocal post messages on the speakers anymore :(

OMG I am such an idiot...
I was double checking all my settings and then i see that Speech POST Reporter is disabled......so I enable it and wow it works...SLAP to self.

Here's one for ya...

Updated BIOS from 1013 to 1014
Install goes great..reboot as requested
Everything starts up fine..but lo and behold it has found a NEW Floppy Drive
It installs the new floopy, says everything is now all happy and roses
Problem is I can't find this new floppy, looked everywheres and all I can find is my orignal floppy. I wasn't aware Asus was giving out free floppy drives with the 1014 update, just wish they told me where they put it
:beer:

yea the floppy drive thing happenned to me too but after itinstalled it went away

Back