• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avalanche

im looking at getting the fully loaded one from newegg...$145, my question is can i run both hds and a cd drive on it? i read in the other thread that the guy couldnt run his second cd drive...if i want to use all of my drives...will i have enough ide slots? kinda dumb question...but i didnt know, so i asked =]

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Yeah, you should have no problems. I've never heard of a board only being able to run only 2 drives, considering you can run 2 drives per IDE chain.

His other CDROM might not have liked the serial ATA that the board comes with, but most (if not all) new drives are OK with it.

OP
A

Avalanche

i also plan to get 2 256 chips of 3200 XMS Corsair...so itll just run it at 333 right?

Norrko

Yeah... It'll run at a maximum of 333 Mhz. But if you raise the FSB it will force the memory to go higher...