• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N- SLI deluxe Chipset fan problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
Has anyone one else have a problem with their chipset fan? Mine is making a boat load of noise. Why would they use brass bushings instead of ball bearings on the chipset??

Joeteck

Yeah-- you need to replace it or it'll die on ya. I had the same problem and ultimately it stopped spinning. Use the zalman kits in my sig.

Hmm. You could get by with just the Zalman NB47J (passive heatsink). It's not too high (not any higher than graphics card anyway) and it should keep your temps about even with the malfunctioning stock. It's really cheap too.

Joeteck said:
Has anyone one else have a problem with their chipset fan? Mine is making a boat load of noise. Why would they use brass bushings instead of ball bearings on the chipset??

Joeteck

Use a hair blower to heat up the sticker, remove the sticker and put a drop of oil in there. Should shut up. I did that to the PSU fan in this computer over a year ago, hasn't given me a problem since. Some fans don't have access to the bearing though, in which case just buy a new one (might be a good idea anyway).

if u got the rather small chipset fan, it had a defect in it. everyone including me had problems with it. asus offered to replace whoevers that had a problem with it. just fill out an RMA for on their site stating a problem with the chipset fan and theyll ship out a replacment fan for free. its a rather nice fan

yeah pretty much anyone who ones this bored has had this problem. You'll need to replace it. Oiling it is a temporary fix but I found that within a week it would start to make noise again.
It's a terrible design.

Back