• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V serial number

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zac42

I have seen lots of posts both here and on other forums about the serial number of the A8V motherboard being the determining factor of whether or not you have a working pci/agp lock. I have one simple question: where is the number on the board????? i've looked all over the /front/ of the board for it, but to no avail. I've got the 1005.021 bios, A64 3500 and OCZ 3700EB ready to rock and roll, but I can't find the damn serial number! any help anyone ?

OP
Z

Zac42

Ya, i realized that it was not on the board itself, but the wireless card. I was lucky enough to get a high serial with working locks and am now running my 3500+ at 10 x 255 with my 3700EB. gets over 7000 in sandra! 7300 read and 2551 write in aida32! I'm happy now. :cool:

Absolute Zero

that's the serial number for your wireless card. not the same. look beside the processor socket towards the back of the board. it's on the interface part of the back of the motherboard, where you plug your mouse and keyboard in. it's on a sticker with a barcode on the purple plastic of the parallel port.