• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit An7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

From what we hear and see the NF7-S is better than the AN7. The AN7 is still buggy and dosnt clock as well as the NF7-S. It also has a BIG scratch on the back over some leads and Abit wont tell why. I would wait till rev 2.0 comes to for the AN7 until they fix the bugs and problems with it.

badge56

I just finished installing mine. I did not format, just repaired Windows XP and so far it performes better than my AT7-MAX2...
Very stable..

Mine did not have any marks on the underside or anything out of the ordinary... Happy so far.

specific

RMA'd my first one. Bad voltage regulator. Always stayed at 2.0+ Vcore! Wouldn't respond to bios changes either. Wouldn't change multiplier on my 0334 2500.

Round 2 has been much better. Now i'm at 230fsb x 9.5, running prime, 3.0v on Mushkin 3500 Level II, 1.84v on the 2500. I'm waiting for a new northbridge block to slap the wc back in it, therefore i'm not trying to jack the voltage up any higher. I'm still testing fsb stability now.

So far, so good.
tbc.....

OP
S

slyy

so what kind of limits does the bios offer such as hghest voltage and multiploer, also does the board unlock cpu's automaticly like the nf7-s?

badge56

As for the limits to the Vcore I am not sure but goes to 1.9 at least because I tried it. Yes it unlocks the Barton 2500+
From what I have read it is very similar to the NF7-S except this one has the nGuru chip.
More info later still testing
PS.. at same level overclock as my AT7-MAX2 it does better than it on Aquamark. [email protected] so far

Oz

Registered
Vcore goes up to 2.3V, Vdimm at 3.2.. t-breds and bartons are already unlocked unless you have one of the newer ones. if that's the case, you can up your fsb and leave the multiplier alone....this board is rock solid for stability..unlike my previous nf7-s... possible i had a faulty board before, but i kind of doubt it...good luck

badge56

I am using 2X 512 sticks of OCZ PC3200 Cas2 and can't get my board stable over 200 ???
There is 3 ram slots. One is apart from the other 2. Where do I put the 2 sticks to get the dual banwith etc...?
Maybe I got them in the wrong slots..

Also need more info on the BIOS sttings. Many are very different from KT400 boards... not familiar with NForce mobos yet.

bluestreakLB

Disabled
There is 3 ram slots. One is apart from the other 2. Where do I put the 2 sticks to get the dual banwith etc...?

Generally there are three banks, two of which are grouped together. The reason they are grouped is because they are on the same channel. To get dual channel you need to put them on different channels, make since?

Oz

Registered
badge, the dual channel slot is number 3, which is the one furthest from the processor.. recommended for dual channel is slot 3 and slot 2.. but some report that slot 3 and slot 1 work better for them...as long as you have one of them in slot 3, you are running dual channel....if you didn't reinstall windows when changing to a different chipset, i understand that can cause a lot of problems.

badge56

Ya with windows 98 and ME is sure did cause a lot of problems. With XP it only causes minor problems that are easily fixed. Like reinstalling a lew devices and drivers. XP is a lot smarter..
PS... Hafter changing mobo I did a Windows repair, booting from CD and that alone fixes most problems.

Thanks all for the info. I have to swich a stick of ram from 1 to 3 :)