• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT BD7 II Raid..DIED??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topweb99

Registered
I got all the parts I needed to put together my new computer,2.4bcpu 4600ti vid card soundblaster..512ddr ram and a ABIT BD7 II Raid I put it al together booted up just fine,I had a differant case that I liked better so I changed it all over to the new case and now its dead,I put everything back in the old case and still dead,the green light comes on the motherboard but not a sound,doesn't beep,i checked the ram and its in,unhooked everything but the motherboard and cpu/fan and nothing,,, any clue?
thanks Rich

OP
T

topweb99

Registered
motherboard

I did try that,wasn'r sure if I had to have it grounded to the case

Maximouse

Re: motherboard

topweb99 said:
I did try that,wasn'r sure if I had to have it grounded to the case

Nope, you dont have to have it grounded. Did it work out of the case? If not then try a different powersupply, my Abit KD7 refused to work with my enermax 350 at first and I had to use another ps. When I got it going I reinstalled the enermax and it worked fine.

Al

OP
T

topweb99

Registered
motherboard

no it didn't work I put it back in the case that it did work in before and it didn't work,I have had motherboards in the past that died,but they still came on the fans would run but thats it, this one here doesnt do anything at all,it acts as if I don't have the power button hooked up

Maximouse

Interesting to say the least. You have the power switch jumper hooked up to the right pins? Heres what i would do. Take everything off including the cpu and reinstall it again out of the case. Just run with the cpu/hs, ram and vid card. Double check the leads for the switch, its easy to get the wrong ones sometimes (Been there, done that:))

Al

OP
T

topweb99

Registered
motherboard

Do I have to hook up the vid card to see if the fans come on?does the cpu have to be put in,I just want to see if the case fan comes on..will that work?I hooked up the pin wires several times

Pntgrd

You did hook up the little 4-pin power connector the second case and all since, didn't you. Justa a thought

Maximouse

topweb99 said:
Do I have to hook up the vid card to see if the fans come on?does the cpu have to be put in,I just want to see if the case fan comes on..will that work?I hooked up the pin wires several times

I would put the cpu in and the heatsink/fan and ram at least. Make sure the cpu fan is hooked to the proper header, some boards wont post unless they detect the cpu and cpu fan.
Did you try another power supply?

Al

OP
T

topweb99

Registered
motherboard

I had it in a case and it worked fine put it in ather case and that is when it died,i put it back in the old case and it still didn't work,I believe i hooked it up the same way

OP
T

topweb99

Registered
motherboard

Well I tore it apart and put it back together and it booted up but no pic,tried holding delete and taping insert but no go,not sure what to do now

Maximouse

topweb99 said:
Well I tore it apart and put it back together and it booted up but no pic,tried holding delete and taping insert but no go,not sure what to do now

Well, at least its booting now. Try reseating the video card and resetting the bios by shorting the jumper and removing the battery.

Al

Maximouse

Exec said:
Yep and double-check all the wires and that they are seated firmly.

Well, all I can say is you have pretty well done everything possible to test it out. I guess all I can suggest at this point is to RMA it as it appears to have a defect.

Al

OP
T

topweb99

Registered
motherboard

Well I rma the motherboard I am getting anther one,is there anyway to know if it could be the cpu?I don't have anther p4 motherboard i tested the ram in my computer i tested the videocard i tested the poser supply.The only things not tested is the mb and the cpu