• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABit BP-6 Upgrade help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckerants

I built a BP-6 with dual Celeron 300 OC to 450 a few years ago and back then, it was FAST. Of course, now...

So I'm looking to upgrade and upgrade as usual as cheap as possible.

I was thinking of just buying a new MoBo+ CPU (ECS and AMD XP), but I'm wondering if it's worth it for me to try a dual Celeron 500s instead (cuz it's cheap)?

What is the fastest CPUs the BP-6 will work in SMP?

Thanks for the help.

Chuck

batboy

Senior Moment
If you use good quality slotket adapters, you could use up to 1000E P-III dual procs (I think). At one time, I wanted to build dual proc P-III 700s overclocked to at least 933 MHz. Of course, Coppermine Celerons will NOT work.

OP
C

chuckerants

BP-6 help

Thanks Batboy, but I haven't been keeping up with OC since I built my machine.

What's a slotkey? I'm guessing it's an adapter ? Where can I get one?

So with a slotkey, I can run dual PIII up to 1 GHZ?

Chuck

OP
C

chuckerants

LOL @ Batboy

I thought it was just me. I've been looking around OC.com looking for references to the Slotket for the Socket 370.

Well, it sounds like the BP-6 MoBo is really not worth the trouble or the money to really upgrade. Unless the Neo adapters are really cheap.

I've been looking around some of the vendors mentions here but I haven't seen any references to a Neo adapter.

Thanks again for all your help. I feel like a newbie all over again.
:p

batboy

Senior Moment
Yes, probably realistically I think an old Celeron 500 or 533 (not the newer FC-PGA 533a) is as fast as you can go with a BP6. Those did not overclock all that well either.

Peter007

Unfortunately for you, You're better off selling this BP6 rather than upgrading it

On the otherhand, does anyone know if BP6 can support
Celeron 566/600 Step cB0????

I had an Abit ZM6, it is a cheap version of BM6, which is the 1 CPU version of BP6.

on the ZM6/BM6, you can run Celeron 500,600,633,700 if it is step B0

Ruiner

Out of curiosity, does the bp6 have a 1/4 pci divider?

There's talk over at the Tualatin thread on modding celly 1.0a's to fit old ppga boards.

deez

batboy is correct there are only settings of 124 and 133 at 1/4 PCI divisor although the board is very unstable above 110 FSB without modifications. The NEO works great with Abit RU bios and the slower cumine celes. www.powerleap.com for more info on the NEOS370 adapter

To use most coppermine chips there is a VTT mod you must do and you must also change the EC10 cap. look here for more info http://bp6.gamesquad.net/Q6fix.phtml

Go here for BP6 forum Its a good messageboard but very slow responses http://216.247.220.192/Forum/