• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit gf4 4600 agp mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

dont go much higher than 80Mhz. but definetly raise it. It gives your card more bandwidth to work with. But if you go to high, it can destroy your card.

woods

it is going to affect the avalible bandwidth of both your gpu AND video mem. Not your system mem. Your system mem is affected by your fsb.

JupiterSSJ4

Registered
i think I might raise mine to about 75, what do u think this will give me performance wise increase in 3dmark? Also, would this affect it already being overclocked ? Would it allow it to not be overclocked as high and raise temps higher?

woods

it all depends on your card. Some cards will see a large increase while others will see none. I have found that this should be the last step in o/cing your card as it will only give you marginal increases in most cases and if set to high initialy, can actually hinder the o/c. test it and see what it will do for you. I gained 300 points in 3dmark 2001se by upping mine from 66 to 77. but at 80-88 made it difficult to boot and remain stable. I am using a throw away card to test this on so you may want to be more careful than me as most people dont have this ability.