• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC-7 Max3 and Mandrake 9.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfisher1967

Registered
I am looking to set up my Abit IC-7 Max3 as a dual boot system with Windows XP and Mandrake 9.2 installed. There does not appear to be an Intel Linux driver for the i875p chipset, so I am concerned that it may not work. I am also wondering if the Intel gigbit lan will function. Does anyone know if my system will work properly? Thanks for your help.

injinj

The e1000 driver should work with the intel gbit, I've got a PCI version of that running. The i875p probably needs a kernel patch or an update, but it should boot and run without that.

injinj

As far as I can tell, the problems with i875p have been the agpgart driver for X and the SATA drivers. Looks like they might be in kernel version 2.4.23. The apgart fix isn't in linux-2.4.22-1.2129, which is redhat's fedora branch.