• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IC7-MAX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the abit is a goer, pretty happy, trying to used the bios set up, ive never posted a screenie on here b4 so i dont know how ill go with it where i am now with it on air, still tryin to sort things out, i dont know if its any good

first screenie with abit ic7 max 3.jpg

754 i dont know anything about that either lol, seems theres not too many on here that gets into the older stuff
Older stuff? Socket 478 and 754 too new, socket 370 from 1998/1999 now that's vintage. A few years back I picked up a FIC VA-503+ to play with. Had one back in the late 1990s and OC'd K6-2 450s and K6-IIIs on it to 600 MHz plus. The FIC VA-503+ had the most jumpers I've ever seen and you could use 72-pin SIMM memory or 168 PC100 DIMM memory on it. In my trip down memory lane, I got the K6-2 450 to 616 MHz and then sold the combo on eBay for 3 times what I paid for it.

BTW, I don't have any amd 754, but I do have am x850pro agp for the next round. Does 754 still use agp or is it pci-e?
754 can have either AGP or PCIe pending the board you use. If you have an AGP card, you'll be looking for a DFI NF3 250gb board. If you have a PCIe card you'll be looking for a DFI NF4X or an Abit NV8. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

well the abit is a goer, pretty happy, trying to used the bios set up, ive never posted a screenie on here b4 so i dont know how ill go with it where i am now with it on air, still tryin to sort things out, i dont know if its any good

View attachment 178747

That's about right Shane. ;)

Ozzy I got you, I posted the socket 754 in the team lounge to see if you where going to bring anything to the table -Scotty open my eyes when it comes to these older platforms still wondering why you left but does not matter got love for all CP members

Older stuff? Socket 478 and 754 too new, socket 370 from 1998/1999 now that's vintage. A few years back I picked up a FIC VA-503+ to play with. Had one back in the late 1990s and OC'd K6-2 450s and K6-IIIs on it to 600 MHz plus. The FIC VA-503+ had the most jumpers I've ever seen and you could use 72-pin SIMM memory or 168 PC100 DIMM memory on it. In my trip down memory lane, I got the K6-2 450 to 616 MHz and then sold the combo on eBay for 3 times what I paid for it.

nice dave, :thup:yes i know the 370 s is older and i dont have one, nor a 754 socket board but im looking

- - - Updated - - -

754 can have either AGP or PCIe pending the board you use. If you have an AGP card, you'll be looking for a DFI NF3 250gb board. If you have a PCIe card you'll be looking for a DFI NF4X or an Abit NV8. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

ok scotty thx, ill keep at it:thup:

That's about right Shane. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ozzy I got you, I posted the socket 754 in the team lounge to see if you where going to bring anything to the table -Scotty open my eyes when it comes to these older platforms still wondering why you left but does not matter got love for all CP members

i honestly wished i could help quick, i saw your thread in there but i dont know much at all about the older platforms, other than the now 478 abit board, my oldest stuff is 939, 775, am2 sockets and yes the older platforms are scotties forte for sure..he knows!!

It's a long story man, but I can tell you I had nothing to do with it.

yes it is and i can certainly verify scotty did all he could for me for which im very greatful my friend :thup: its over and gone now and feel its just not appropriate to warrant bringing up here

Not cool OZZY still got love for CP or should I say W9,Just felt my house just got robbed

sorry you feel that way quick, there is no malice from me to here, but my honesty is foremost, and my heart lies with all my original team mates, and i would suggest if what happened here was the same, so would yours, i mean no hurt to anyone here and i still want to stay a member here, i respect overclockers, and am very greatful for the welcome and help i recieved, its been actually more complicated for what and why happened and as i said that wont be brought up in respect to the people involved and myself, i hope you understand

thx ozz :)

I get it, I would do the same no hard feels here - now to be fair you guys should let me peek around your house :)

thats something i dont have the authority to give the go ahead with quick, scotty is the person to ask for that 1

Meh...you ALL should've just joined here... we've always saved a spot on the couch for CP as a team. :)

Back