• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KG7-Raid Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmoore71

Hey everyone,

Last night I decided to overclock my Athlon 1.4 and my FSB. I got my FSB from 133 to 147 which then made my proc run at 1.54 Ghz. If I try to get my FSB to 150 it won't boot to the OS. I ran 3DMark2001 afterwards and got a score of 7109. My proc temp was 45c. Is this temp OK? I'm musing the stock heatsink but with a 7000 rpm delta fan and arctic silver II. My ram is 2 sticks of enhanced 2400 OCZ ram. What are some of the overclocking specs you guys have got and what temp is your proc? Any additional advice would also be appreciated

AMD 1.4 @ 1.54
Abit KG7-Raid
Hercules Game Theater XP
2 x 256 OCZ 2400 DDR
Two 20 gig IBM 60gxp's in raid 0
Coolermaster ATXs aluminum case
Enermax 431 watt power supply
Toshiba 16x DVD
TDK Velocd 12x10x32
Adaptec 29160
IBM 18.2 SCSI 10,000RPM Drive (for OS only)
USR 56k External Modem
3Com NIC

With a System like that , i whould go with Watercooler + a high watt Peltier ..
I know ppl that have OC there 1400 to 150 X 13 (1950)
and some Even Higher !!!The temp at 1950 still didn´t go over 42 Celsius,some did go lower.. (depending on the WaterSystem)
: Defender

45°C is still OK but you will have to start looking for a better HSF if you want to start getting bigger gains. What voltage are your CPU & RAM at? Try increasing the voltage in small steps. You just might get that higher.

I agree with sonny, If you want to give that mobo a little workout, you will need better cooling.

More MHZ=More Heat!

Then the voltage increases, in both the Vcore, and the memory.

Although, today, you can pump up the memory up to 2.7v, without worry, and probably see an increase in FSB's. 2 X 256meg sticks @ high FSB's use some Xtra juice.

You can check my specs, below, to see where I've gotten with the 1.4 T'Bird.......

Doctor

Any cooling recommendations? Peltier? I don't want to go with water-cooling though. Thanks.

I just called them and they do not have peltier kits. I do own a Swiftech MCX370 and it doesn't work very well. Is the Alpha PAL8045 any good? It seems to get some decent reviews. A peltier does seem to be the way to go though.

jmoore71 said:
I just called them and they do not have peltier kits. I do own a Swiftech MCX370 and it doesn't work very well. Is the Alpha PAL8045 any good? It seems to get some decent reviews. A peltier does seem to be the way to go though.

I stand corrected. They don't actually sell the Peltiers. They manufacture there MCW370 to work with Pelt's if thats what you want to do.

And just as tbirdkiri says, if you want the ultimate, get the VapoChill here

Check my specs for what it did 4 me :D

Good luck,

Doctor

They also have the MC462 which IMHO is the best HSF. I would go with that if it was easy to get it. Kinda pricey but so are all things shiny:cool:

Back